Ability to mass mail users

Discussion in 'Feedback and suggestions' started by AKM, Aug 11, 2010.

1. AKM

AKM New Member

In v3 there is a Users->Mass Mail feauture, is there something similar in v4?

2. Varun Shoor

Varun Shoor Chief Kayaker Staff Member

Nothing there yet but we plan to create a showcase module that replicates that functionality.

Regards,

Varun Shoor

3. pol67

pol67 Reputed Member

News?
    This feature is very important.

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Nothing yet

5. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

6. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

Then I would suggest Aweber or a platform which can be installed locally on the server like interspire Email Marketing.

7. quyet

quyet New Member

+1 for this feature in V4

8. Jamie Edwards

Moved to the feature requests forum

9. thomasth

thomasth New Member

We relied on the mass mail feature then we upgrade to Fusion 4.0 and you take it away? If you are trying to improve the feature great because it was quirky. But it doesn't make any sense to just take it out of the product for paying customers that use it. We need to know when this will be added back.

Thomas

10. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

I don't think you need anything other than the function to export email addresses and names to CSV.
    Then you can use whatever mass email service you want to broadcast and track responses.
    Does the API support this type of function being added by a 3rd party now?

11. Fernando Fernandez

Fernando Fernandez New Member

Was created this mass mail module? (I couldn't find anything in feature requests forum yet) Thank you

12. Fernando Fernandez

Fernando Fernandez New Member

13. pointsharp

pointsharp Member

Any update on this issue? This is extremely useful. Any idea when/if it will be implemented?

14. pointsharp

pointsharp Member

Hello,

I just wanted to update people that have been requesting this.
    I've been in contact with Kayako regarding this feature, it was first promised to be included in a near future release. However it has been pushed back due to bigger changes to the system. As you can see on http://dev.kayako.com/browse/SWIFT-....system.issuetabpanels:changehistory-tabpanel the "Fix version" value has been removed. It is apparently still under consideration and will, according to my contact, be available some time in the future.

I really hope Kayako will implement this feature soon, there seem to be a lot of people that need this feature.

15. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Kayako really shouldn't bother with anything other than offering an API to support integration with 3rd party services.
    Those services in turn provide true email marketing functions such as opt-in/out, tracking, results analysis, social, mobile, etc..
    Example: http://email-marketing-service-review.toptenreviews.com/

16. Jamie Edwards

Hi folks

Thank you for your feedback. We aren't ruling this one in or out yet, so we'll keep it open. As discussed, there's various options: better third party integrations (which are certainly coming) as well as out-of-the-box ability to mass email your customers.

17. David C

David C New Member

This was from a few years back. Has there been any movement on this since 2014? Do you recommend other third party programs and if so, which ones?