1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you or to your Kayako. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Accents and special characters

Discussion in 'Language packs' started by GerardoVSM, Sep 26, 2011.

1. GerardoVSM

GerardoVSM Member

In a Spanish translation:

How I can make it display correctly with accents and words with the letter 'ñ'?

for the CP admin and the CP staff.

Help, please... :confused:

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there

What you will need to do is copy the folder __swift/local/en-us to __switft/local/<iso name>, you can find info on the iso names here:

Language codes: http://www.mcanerin.com/en/articles/meta-language.asp
    County codes: http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/diverse/doc/ISO_3166.html

Once you have done that, if you goto the language option in the staff CP for example, it will list your langugage as an option. ( if its not there, you named the iso wrong )
    Next you will need to translate all the files in your copied directory, pretty much open them up, and change the english wording to your language version.

Files named staff_<something> are for the staff CP

One thing to watch out for, some of the text strings will have like "%s" in them, you cannot rename or remove the %s, as these are variables coming from kayako which get filled in, in real time

I hope that explains it enough for you?

Gary

3. GerardoVSM

GerardoVSM Member

[​IMG]Hi!

I did this step by step, but I have problems. The accent(´) and the letter 'Ñ' are displayed incorrectly

How I can fix this? thank you for your help ;)

Dibujo.GIF

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

When you edited the file, did you do it in a UTF-8 complient editor?

Gary

5. GerardoVSM

GerardoVSM Member

Thanks garyGBM

Apparently I was not using a proper editor. I used the GEDIT program, and it is working properly now!

Regards.

image1.jpg

6. indesigns

indesigns Established Member

I am finding the problem as well in the front end. The accent and special characters are not displaying properly. The language is enter in admin cp and has the correct accent/character. But in the front end, it displays differently. How do I fix this?