Accents and special characters

Discussion in 'Language packs' started by GerardoVSM, Sep 26, 2011.

1. GerardoVSM

GerardoVSM Member

In a Spanish translation:

How I can make it display correctly with accents and words with the letter 'ñ'?

for the CP admin and the CP staff.

Help, please... :confused:
  2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Hi there

What you will need to do is copy the folder __swift/local/en-us to __switft/local/<iso name>, you can find info on the iso names here:

Language codes: http://www.mcanerin.com/en/articles/meta-language.asp
    County codes: http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/diverse/doc/ISO_3166.html

Once you have done that, if you goto the language option in the staff CP for example, it will list your langugage as an option. ( if its not there, you named the iso wrong )
    Next you will need to translate all the files in your copied directory, pretty much open them up, and change the english wording to your language version.

Files named staff_<something> are for the staff CP

One thing to watch out for, some of the text strings will have like "%s" in them, you cannot rename or remove the %s, as these are variables coming from kayako which get filled in, in real time

I hope that explains it enough for you?

Gary
  3. GerardoVSM

GerardoVSM Member

[​IMG]Hi!

I did this step by step, but I have problems. The accent(´) and the letter 'Ñ' are displayed incorrectly

How I can fix this? thank you for your help ;)

Dibujo.GIF
  4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Hi there,

When you edited the file, did you do it in a UTF-8 complient editor?

Gary
  5. GerardoVSM

GerardoVSM Member

Thanks garyGBM

Apparently I was not using a proper editor. I used the GEDIT program, and it is working properly now!

Regards.

image1.jpg
  6. indesigns

indesigns Established Member

I am finding the problem as well in the front end. The accent and special characters are not displaying properly. The language is enter in admin cp and has the correct accent/character. But in the front end, it displays differently. How do I fix this?