Accessing Custom Fields

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by nanabite, Sep 21, 2012.

1. nanabite

nanabite Member

Hi All,

I am working on a simple app that will interface with our accounting system's API to provide customers with their account balances, overdue invoices, etc.

To link the two systems together I have created a custom field on the User Organization in Kayako called "Card ID". This links to the unique ID in the other system.

I would now like to access this "Card ID" field in my controller. I don't know how to get to it though. It doesn't seem to be accessible via the SWIFT_UserOrganization class and the CustomFieldRendererClient seems to be tied in with templates (which I am not using). What I really need is to be able to extract this single field in the controller so that I can pass it into the API call.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Adam

2. nanabite

nanabite Member

Hi All,

Worked out a solution that does the trick so I thought I'd post it here. For now by directly calling the database:

PHP:
            $this->Database->Query("SELECT * FROM " TABLE_PREFIX "customfieldvalues WHERE customfieldid IN (14) AND typeid = '" $_SWIFT->User->GetProperty('userorganizationid') . "'");
            while (
    $this->Database->NextRecord())
            {

$_fieldValue $this->Database->Record['fieldvalue'];
            }
    The "14" is the custom field ID and is hard coded for now, but ideally this would be stored in the settings for the application.