1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Not planned Add phone number to information box in staff ticketview

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by kpsmith, Mar 21, 2011.

1. kpsmith

kpsmith Member

In v3 we used a custom field to display the ticket owners phone number in the staff ticket view to make it easy to give them a call.

In V4 I see that phone numbers have been added as a standard field to the user profiles but I cannot figure out a way to display the phone number in the staff ticket view.

Ideally, I would like to have this information displayed on the left under the name associated with each thread in the ticket.

I know you can click the USER name in the information box on the upper left to see the user profile and get the phone number but it's one more step we would like to avoid.

Is it possible to modify the staff ticket template as you would the user ticket template?

pcmnetmanage likes this.
  2. gsealberto

gsealberto Member

3. quyet

quyet New Member

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Moved the thread to the feature requests forum

5. CASIT

CASIT Member

No way to add a call for this field?

6. CASIT

CASIT Member

+1 There is a field in the DB against the ticket called phoneno

7. Chris Bell

Chris Bell Established Member

8. ClintThomson

ClintThomson Member

I would like to see the user phone number and organization phone number listed in the Information box on every ticket.

We frequently need to call clients and have to click through to their profile or the organization profile to get this information which adds an additional step.

I think this should be a simple fix and one that is very useful.

Thanks,
    Clint

9. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Clint,

If your using self hosted kayako, you can make the changes to the base code to acheive that, I can help with the required code if your not php savvy?

Gary

10. Aleksei Neiman

Aleksei Neiman New Member

in class.View_Ticket.php (under __modules/tickets/staff/ folder) add the following code (after line:3456, under RenderInfoBox() function))
    Code:
    if ($_SWIFT_UserObject->GetProperty('phone')) {
        $_informationHTML .= '<div class="ticketinfoitem">' .
            '<div class="ticketinfoitemtitle">PHONE</div><div class="ticketinfoitemcontainer">' . StripName(htmlspecialchars($_SWIFT_UserObject->GetProperty('phone')), 20) . '&nbsp;</div></div>';
    }

version: 4.30.750

11. lowcrow

lowcrow New Member

Hello,

a little smart modification of the information box during you watching a ticket in staffview. Most problems we solve via phone so it would be nice if you have the phone number in the information box for faster action.
    I will send a picture to show what I mean:[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. +1 In my college we would like to have the field as lowcrow suggests, in that Information box to the left of the ticket being displayed.

In a college environment you need to call people to their extensions quite often, being able to save yourself of several clicks a day hunting for their phone number/extension number is quite welcome.

13. DustinTaylor

DustinTaylor Member

FYI, I made a modification to my V4 kayako installation to include this. It was pretty straight forward once I figured out where they were actually building the box (a chat session with kayako support helped tremendously in finding the correct method). Looks like you could easily mod it to add a couple more items from the user or userorganization tables if needs be. Search through the code for "Dustin Taylor" (tagged my modification) to see what I did to add it.

File: class.ViewTicket.php
    Kayako Version: 4.53.2633

Hope it helps!

Attached Files:

14. tamkim

tamkim Member

Thanks Dustin, it works fine! :)

I made the modification in Kayako Version: 4.60.0.3971

15. Alexander Ullrich

Alexander Ullrich New Member

Thanks a lot Dustin
    Made the Changes in Kayako Version 4.61.1.4294

16. alvaro.madrid

alvaro.madrid Established Member

17. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

Thanks Dustin. I'll be adding that to my list of code modifications to make!

18. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi folks

While we are not planning on adding this feature specifically, in the next major version of Kayako (with a new UI), we are working on better one-click access to more of the user's profile. Stay tuned

19. Jkmitche

Jkmitche Established Member

V 4.68
    added :

/* ---------------------------
    Begin user mod - Dustin Taylor
    ------------------------------*/
    $_informationHTML .= '<div class="ticketinfoitem">' .
    '<div class="ticketinfoitemtitle">PHONE NUMBER</div><div class="ticketinfoitemcontainer"><b>' . StripName(htmlspecialchars($_SWIFT_UserObject->GetProperty('phone')), 20) . '</b></div></div>';
    /* ----------------------------
    End user mod
    -------------------------------*/

Does not work, wonder if they changed the name of the field to something other than "phone" or something.

20. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

Works fine under 4.71.1