Admin Communication with Each Other? Chat?

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by WebLogic, Jul 1, 2012.

1. WebLogic

WebLogic Member

I am wondering the best method to allow the admins who are logged into the Staff CP to communicate with each other. I run Resolve 4 and there is no chat available.

I am thinking to just ad some javascript to a header/footer template that calls on a hosted chat service.

Anybody have any ideas on what works good and how to implement it?

Where are the header and footer templates stored that I would need to edit and add js code too?

Thanks!!

2. WebLogic

WebLogic Member

I'm a little surprised that no one has any ideas on how to let the admins communicate with each other.

I often login to the staff panel, and wish I could chat or message to 'Admin Joe' and let him know that customer X needs help and that my idea is to do this or that. That's all I'm really trying to do. As it sits, I have to leave a 'Note' inside the ticket, and hope that he reads it and fully understands what I'm talking about. Chatting would be much faster.

If any body has any idea, I would love to hear about it.

3. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

This function is already built into Fusion (Resolve + Engage) and supports chat to visitor, operator to operator (staff), chat transfers, join chat in session, and monitor chat in session (as observer).