1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you or to your Kayako. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Admin Communication with Each Other? Chat?

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by WebLogic, Jul 1, 2012.

1. WebLogic

WebLogic Member

I am wondering the best method to allow the admins who are logged into the Staff CP to communicate with each other. I run Resolve 4 and there is no chat available.

I am thinking to just ad some javascript to a header/footer template that calls on a hosted chat service.

Anybody have any ideas on what works good and how to implement it?

Where are the header and footer templates stored that I would need to edit and add js code too?

Thanks!!

2. WebLogic

WebLogic Member

I'm a little surprised that no one has any ideas on how to let the admins communicate with each other.

I often login to the staff panel, and wish I could chat or message to 'Admin Joe' and let him know that customer X needs help and that my idea is to do this or that. That's all I'm really trying to do. As it sits, I have to leave a 'Note' inside the ticket, and hope that he reads it and fully understands what I'm talking about. Chatting would be much faster.

If any body has any idea, I would love to hear about it.

3. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

This function is already built into Fusion (Resolve + Engage) and supports chat to visitor, operator to operator (staff), chat transfers, join chat in session, and monitor chat in session (as observer).