An Unhappy Client (My vision of Kayako part 2)

Discussion in 'Using the new Kayako' started by cobaltje, Sep 2, 2016.

1. cobaltje

cobaltje Member

Hi, I would like to post here the email i just send to Kayako Support, to give our feedback to other customers.

---

Hi,

We recently switched to the new version of Kayako.

We have a bit of a feeling we downgraded in software possibilitys.

We are not satiesfied with how Kayako is working in the new version, and so many things thats changed or has been left out.

So here is a list of our issues:

· Color status. The possibility to have colors in your Statussus are just gone.

· “Departments”. This is totally gone. Kayako have chosen a new way with Case Views.
    In our case this is totally not good. We loved the use of departmens which was divided into statusses.
    Hell we could even get a list of the closed tickets!

· Which bring me to our next issue: You can’t use the status “closed” for anything! Only the automatic system can change from completed to closed. Why???? We don’t want this! And if we put something on closed, we still want to possibility to reopen it. Why is Kayako even forcing this right now ?

· The audit log in a ticket is just gone. Ok , its there.. but the line “user” has updated “ticket”.. you don’t know much about that. What has he updated?

· Every user could make his own views. Not possible anymore, only the administrator can make views.

· Filter button is totally gone in the views. We really used this..

· In a ticket view you had quick buttons to reply, follow up, take/assign, print, duplicate, split, flag, trash.. ALL GONE.

· All the automatic e-mails are gone. We have to set them up ourselfs from scratch. We already spend a lot of hours trying to find the right way to send an automatic email.

· Knowledgebase isn’t accesible in staff view.

· Troubleshooter is gone?

· …

We are totally not happy anymore. We paid for a product, and now the new package is only 10% of what it was with the old version.

We don’t have time for an answer like: Yeah its planned it will come. I know a lot of things where plannend in Kayako, and came after 3 a 4 years.

Is it possible to switch us back to our old Kayako system?
    Or what do you guys suggest we should do?

We want the product we paid for, not a beta software which is totally not finishd.

Hope to hear from you soon!

2. sallebasjan

sallebasjan Established Member

Pretty much agree with everything. This new kayako is far from being a finished product, but I guess they had to bring in more cash somehow and fast by forcing us to go to SaaS.

We'll probably head over to the teamsupport guys even though I don't like their UI, but the new kayako is unusable in comparison.

3. Nathan Underwood

Nathan Underwood Established Member

It's sad to see a product like this go the way that Kayako has gone. We moved to Kayako from another product (won't mention names) and, initially, were very pleased with the product and the support and renewed the support either one or two years (don't remember which and too lazy to look). With the last year of support though, we had some quirky problems and, when we reached out to the support (that we were paying for), either got lackluster responses or no responses at all. We found that we got much faster and much better responses from the forums and let the support lapse. I've seen a lot of cases where products and features were "being worked on", "on the way", "almost done", etc. and held out hope for a while that they'd make it in but a) they didn't and b) if I understand the original post here correctly, the product seems to have devolved rather than evolved. Very sad indeed. We've finally decided to move to a SaaS solution and have been evaluating a number of alternatives including ZoHo, Cayzu, Freshdesk, Live Agent, GrooveHQ and others (teamwork.cc, talkdesk, desk.com, spiceworks, jira, helpscout, issuetrak, teamwork.de, trakdesk, supportbee, vision, happyfox and zendesk) but haven't made the switch yet. I hadn't seen teamsupport yet but plan on adding it to our list of possible alternatives.

4. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Actually, there was a rather long list of requests going back many years that were not being added into v4 (some back to v3 even) that were rather recently marked as implemented...in v5. Our requests were used to build 5 into what was supposed to enhance v4. We were used, basically.

5. cobaltje

cobaltje Member

This is the reply that i had from the customer service:

Hello Timothy,

I agree with you that things have been changed. The new Kayako is a new product to deal with, of course, carrying the same legacy at various sections. Allow me to jot down all the points you have mentioned and come up with the possibilities.

>> Color status. The possibility to have colors in your Statussus are just gone.
    Ah yes! We have removed the option to set the colors of statuses. However, you can create different Views for listing the cases belonging to different statuses. I think that would be helpful.

>> “Departments”. This is totally gone. Kayako have chosen a new way with Case Views. In our case this is totally not good. We loved the use of departmens which was divided into statusses.

Departments are removed in the new Kayako and have been placed with Teams. Reason being, departments in Kayako classic have restricted options. To overcome the challenges, we have replaced departments with teams. You can have one team working on the cases and can have one staff to be part of different teams. This gives a better clarity in workflows. Further, as you mentioned, you can create Views for your different teams so that they can work on the cases in a better way.

>> Hell we could even get a list of the closed tickets!

Yeah, this isn't possible at the moment unless you use Unified Search to list all the Closed cases, using:

in:cases status:closed
    clicking on Open more results will list all the cases

However, this is something which has been considered to bring in for the upcoming version. We're just analyzing what would be the best way to deal with it.

>> Which bring me to our next issue: You can’t use the status “closed” for anything! Only the automatic system can change from completed to closed. Why???? We don’t want this! And if we put something on closed, we still want to possibility to reopen it. Why is Kayako even forcing this right now ?

If you do not wish to move the cases to 'Closed' status, which is considered as resolved and customers/agents can't re-open, you can delete the Monitor 'Close cases 5 days after they've been Completed' from Admin section. This will ensure that your cases remain in Completed status and can be re-opened when updated.

The idea behind the Closed cases is to archieve the old cases which are not required anymore. This will help in balancing the load on servers.

>> The audit log in a ticket is just gone. Ok , its there.. but the line “user” has updated “ticket”.. you don’t know much about that. What has he updated?

I know you won't appreciate it, but yes, this is already added to our to-do list.

>> Every user could make his own views. Not possible anymore, only the administrator can make views.

Yes, this is handled via Admin interface now. But you can allow permissions to your agents (like create a team for them as Sub-admin) to create/update the Views. Is that helpful?

>> Filter button is totally gone in the views. We really used this..

For filters, you need to again create Views.

>> Knowledgebase isn’t accesible in staff view.

Yes, but they are editable from Help Center. Once your agents are logged into Agent interface, they will be automatically logged into Help Center and can manage the knowledgebase section. This is because we have a different repository for knowledgebase articles now.

>> In a ticket view you had quick buttons to reply, follow up, take/assign, print, duplicate, split, flag, trash.. ALL GONE.
    >> All the automatic e-mails are gone. We have to set them up ourselfs from scratch. We already spend a lot of hours trying to find the right way to send an automatic email.
    >> Troubleshooter is gone?
    >> Is it possible to switch us back to our old Kayako system? Or what do you guys suggest we should do?

I agree on these facts, but this is the reason we had given the option to verify everything in Sandbox before proceeding to the new Kayako. I am afraid that it is not possible to revert to Kayako classic now. :(

Having said that, we have a list of features in our roadmap and our team is working on them. Trust me, old days are gone when you need to wait for 3-4 years for a specific feature set. Things have been changed now. Once the features would be implemented, they will be tested and deployed at production.

Let me know if you need any assistance in configuration, happy to help!

6. Fiton

Fiton Member

It's your own fault you are disappointed with Kayako now. You migrated immediately.
    You should have tested everything before migrating. These are items you could have seen in trial . Even if your trial expired you could have asked for extension.

I think you are making big trouble for Kayako while this is actually your own fault. You could have chosen to not go migrate yet and wait for other features or for more explanation.
    Instead now you are pissed at Kayako... :confused:

7. cobaltje

cobaltje Member

My job is doing my work, and not testing a software version which should be new and better. Just had a quick look at some things, but if you want it or not, the migration was coming anyway.. and i'm leaving the company and i'm the only one who know how Kayako works.

Its a shame kayako is bringen out a "new" version which is 10% or less from the old, but yeah I did not have time to really test it from scratch again..
    I also work at a software company who is bringen a new software packet. And you know what? It was started from scratch and they're implementing EVERYTHING from the old version + new things.. not the other way..

8. Fiton

Fiton Member

So you are a support engineer and you are the only one in your company taking care of your helpdesk software. So then it is also your job to know all changes before migrating. I have the same function in my company. You probably just felt the pressure as you are about to leave and wanted to help your company.
    Then again, same opinion here.. Your own fault and don't blame Kayako for your lack of testing. You should have send your complaints before migrating.

9. cobaltje

cobaltje Member

Lack of testing, yes, not my main function to do so. But not my fault Kayako is bringing out software that not even should be called "alpha". Also if you look at this forum, you can see that request takes years before they implement them (and then they screw a lot of customers for bringing them only to a new software pack, which is ondemand only).

I was stupid to think Kayako "brand new software package", would be a success and a improvement. But yeah, should have tested it more ;) Sorry Kayako my fault