Any examples of a custom workflow criterion?

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by narayanis, Oct 20, 2011.

1. narayanis

narayanis New Member

We'd like to add a criterion to the workflow module, which will check the Country field on the client's organization record and determine the department to which the case belongs.

I searched the wiki and forums but haven't found much info. It feels like this is probably hook-able, like Drupal modules or SugarCRM workflow. Is this something I could implement with a hook, and are there any similar examples out there?
  2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

3. narayanis

narayanis New Member

I've seen that video, but it is for front-end users and only refers to using existing criteria. The existing criteria do not include a method to check fields on the client's organization record. I am looking for code samples or documentation on creating custom criteria and actions, like I have done in the Drupal Rules or Workflow modules using hooks, and in SugarCRM and vTiger with custom functions.
  4. narayanis

narayanis New Member

Bump. Anything out there for this?
  5. How about to show only the relevant departments for the user and in this case it would get automatically to the correct department?