API beta status

Discussion in 'Building with the Kayako API' started by Phil R, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

How prime time are the beta development docs for the API?

I am trying to start working with this and looking to implement the test resource as a starter. Whilst I recognise I am not going to be able to test the "test" resource in full right now (e.g. I cannot test with alternate authentication_scheme values), elements of the schema do not seem to match with what I am seeing.

I am not very far what so ever through looking into this and I am seeing inconsistencies. Some of this is minor, as the guesswork involved so far is minimal.

However, I am wondering how much of this if any I should report?

Also, depending on the state, are there deeper issues with the core of the API (the actual usable one, not the test endpoints), that I am not be able to do guesswork on?

For a starter the /api/v1/tests endpoint "resource fields" seems to omit that a "id" type integer will be returned. I can't tell if this is readonly yet.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Phil,

I am not sure I 100% follow, when I check the docs for the test API, it shows you should be using /api/v1/tests/ID if using GET method, if your using PUT, the docs suggest to me you need to supply the ID to create the test.

The API docs might be a little out of sync with some of the things we altered just before launch, but the core is certainly there, our own Help center and agent areas are built using them

Gary

( Edit: Phil even! sorry )

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

Neil???

https://developer.kayako.com/api/v1/general/tests/#resource-fields

The Resource Fields do not list "id" as a output field.

When I access GET /api/v1/tests?count=1 or GET /api/v1/tests/1, a "id" is returned in the resources.

I am however noticing this applies to almost all resources, not just tests. The API endpoints will return a "id", but it is not listed as part of the Resource Fields definition.

It's clear "id" is requires, for when an explicit resource needs to be queried (such as /api/v1/tests/1), however, it's not documented anywhere that this is the resource filed that will apply (nor is it listed in the Response section).

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Sorry about that, I was writing an email and somehow used neil here too!

The resource list does seem to be missing a few of the resources which get returned, I will chase up the devs to get it updated.

Gary