1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Attachments tab Module by Dewak SA

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Hi everyone,

We have a new free module to share with the Kayako community.
    Ever tried to find an attachment on a large ticket? We know this can take a lot of time when you have dozens of posts and replies split into several pages, we created this modification to help you find those attachments with less effort and time.
    The attachments tab provides a single place to find and download all the attachments sent by the clients or staff users, it works as a standalone module reducing the footprint and dependency on Kayako upgrades. It is a completely free modification and we expect to see your contributions and improvements.

COMPATIBILITY
    This module has been tested only for 4.01.326

You can find the most stable release at Kayako Forge http://forge.kayako.com/projects/dewak-attachments-tab/

INSTALLATION instructions:
    1. Download "Attachment_Tab_by_Dewak_SA.zip" and unzip folder "attachment_tab" from Kayako Forge http://forge.kayako.com/projects/dewak-attachments-tab/files
    2. Upload folder "/__modules/attachment_tab"
    3. Log into the Admin CP, click on "Modules->Attachments Tab".
    4. Click on the "Install" button and wait for the confirmation message.
    5. The module is now installed. To see it on action log into the Staff CP and follow the next 3 steps.
    6. Open a ticket with attachments (look for the paper clip icon) or create a new ticket and attach files.
    7. Click on the Attachments tab.
    8. Enjoy.

DEMO instructions:
    - Go to our demo site at http://www.dewak.com/apps/products/demo/staff
    - Login with admin/abcd123
    - Open a ticket with attachments (look for the paper clip icon) or create a new ticket and attach files.
    - Click on the Attachments tab.
    - Enjoy.

FEATURES:
    Easy to install modular architecture
    step3.png

Install and uninstall with 1 click
    Step 4.png

Attachments tab in action
    step5.png

Remember all our free modifications can be found at our Kayako Forge page http://forge.kayako.com/users/26

Gleb and Gary McGrath like this.
  2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Andres,

Just tried this out on our test server, works really well, will likely put it into our live server shortly :)

Gary

3. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

4. Good module! Thank's Andres :)

5. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

You are welcome Roman, don't forget to share it with the Kayako community.

6. Andres,
    I think that I found a small bug :)
    In attach tab I can see only archived attach (rar, zip). But If a have a png picture in attach - I cannot see it in this tab

Attach_Tab_did_not_see_pictures.png

7. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

8. zepower

zepower Member

Hi Andres,

Awesome module, Thanks for sharing it with everyone!

9. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

10. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

11. Jcid

Jcid New Member

Maybe it's a idea to easily remove attachments in the Attachments tab? This way I can remove the signature logo that pollute a ticket.

12. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thanks Jeffrey, we will add this helpful feature on an upcoming release.

13. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Andres, Great Module, and I agree with Jeffery, a cleanup would be good.

I noticed that if you had an attachement on the original New Ticket > Send Mail that this attachment was not displayed in the attachments tab.

14. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments and feedback. We are releasing a new version that will come out by the end of April, the new features will be:
    - Option to delete attachment: very useful to clean tickets with multiple signature images (Thanks Jcid).
    - Preview attachments option: PDF and images will be rendered on a pop up window (Thanks to hmk).
    - Download all attachments: compressed on a zip file similar to Gmail (Thanks to hmk).
    - Bug fixes (Thanks Drew Keller).
    - Compatibility with the latest Kayako release available at that moment.

We will announce the new release here.

15. cse

cse Member

Hi,

thanks so far for the plugin. Is there a possibility to add Attachments without a reply?

16. chrisrouse

chrisrouse Reputed Member

Is the new module available yet?

17. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Chris and cse,

We are delayed with this release, we had to stop the development until next month. We will keep you posted.

18. indesigns

indesigns Established Member

Any update on this module? I don't think it works with kayako 4.40.1148. Did in the previous version. By the way we love this module, put our attachments in all in one place.

19. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

I will definitely will be adding this when it is confirmed to work with .1148. Why this isn't included as part of the base software is beyond me.

20. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Yup. It is pretty darn impossible to locate attachments on a long post.
    Then the next issue is selectively deleting attachments you don't want to keep.