1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Attachments tab Module by Dewak SA

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

What issues are you seeing, I have it running and other then the bug I raised along time ago I have not had any issues with it running on 4.40.1148.

i was a little concerned myself when Andres Berdugo - Dewak said

but when I did the 4.40.1148 I tried the module and all seems to be working. I am hanging out for the options to delete and preview.

2. indesigns

indesigns Established Member

I got it to work with 4.40.1148.

I do remember the last time I'd upgraded Kayako and it had problems with the module. I had to uninstall it, install latest kayako and just now reinstall attachment tab. Just a note for others who might had this problem.

3. Drew Keller

Hmmm, that is what I did and dont actually know why I uninstalled it before the upgrade. Have a feeling it was because of dewarks comment about working with latest version that I thought I won't risk breaking the upgrade.

4. anything new?

5. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Hi everyone, we still haven't added the new functionality to the module but it is compatible with 4.40.1148
    If you have questions you can post them here or send me an email.

6. Wasca

Wasca Member

I think I may have found my problem with this module, we have made some minor changes to it and they don't work with the new version of fusion.

7. Wasca

Wasca Member

Hi Guys

I just upgraded to 4.50.1636 and this great attachment module broke. I think I have fixed it, but I need some one else to tell me if my fix is ok and does not break anything else. Essentially all I needed to do was comment out line 22 in the class.SWIFT_AttachmentsFunctions.php file.

PHP:
    <?php
    /* Dewak - Building Software
    /* Source Copyright 2011 Dewak S.A.
    /* Unauthorized reproduction is not allowed
    /* ------------------------------------------------
    /* $Date$
    /* $Author$
    */

class SWIFT_AttachmentsFunctions extends SWIFT_Library{

/**
        * Constructor
        * @author Dewak S.A.
        * @return bool "true" on Success, "false" otherwise
        */

public function __construct(){

parent::__construct();

SWIFT_Loader::LoadLibrary('Attachment:AttachmentRenderer');

//SWIFT_Loader::LoadLibrary('Attachment:Attachment');  /* REMOVED THIS LINE */

$this->Language->Load('dwk_language_attachment_tab');

return 
    true;
        }

/**
        * Destructor
        * @author Dewak S.A.
        * @return bool "true" on Success, "false" otherwise
        */

public function __destruct(){

parent::__destruct();

return 
    true;
        }

public function 
    _getTicketAttachments(SWIFT_Ticket $_SWIFT_TicketObject){

$_SWIFT SWIFT::GetInstance();

if (!
    $this->GetIsClassLoaded())
            {
                throw new 
    SWIFT_Exception(SWIFT_CLASSNOTLOADED);

return 
    false;
            }

$_attachmentContainer SWIFT_AttachmentRenderer::RetrieveOnLink(SWIFT_Attachment::LINKTYPE_TICKETPOST$_SWIFT_TicketObject->GetTicketPostIDList(false));

return 
    $_attachmentContainer;
        }
    }
    I needed to comment out SWIFT_Loader::LoadLibrary('Attachment:Attachment') because I don't think this library exists anymore. If it does I'm not sure how to load it, if something else is needed in its place, I'm not sure what it is. By commenting this line out I was able to get this module to work.

8. Ricardas

Ricardas Member

Will it work with Kayako Resolve 4.50.1581 ?

9. kpsmith

kpsmith Member

Thanks Wasca. Your fixed got it working for me in version 4.50.1636. On a side note when I upgraded per the kayako instructions (Delete old install rather than copy on top) my reports page was broken. In the error screen that came up I noticed a reference to attachment tab. It was due to this plugin being missing. Once I re-installed this plugin reports are working again.

10. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi everyone, attachments tab is now compatible with Kayako 4.50.XXXX

NEW: staff users can delete attachments directly from the tab. Very useful when you need to delete signatures or big attachments.
    NEW: Set deleting permissions from the staff permissions tab on the Admin CP.

Please go to http://forge.kayako.com/projects/dewak-attachments-tab/news to download the new version (100% free)

11. Kevin Kennedy

Kevin Kennedy New Member

I'm receiving the following error when I click on the attachments tab in ver. 4.50.1619

attachmentserror.JPG

12. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Kevin,

Looks like the error is related to a conflict with an older installation of Attachments tab using the "__modules" folder instead of "__apps". Kayako changed from modules to apps in this release so this is part of the error. Also looks like you uploaded the modification to "__swift/apps/attachment_tab" and not to "__apps/attachment_tab" which is not correct. Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Admin CP->Modules->Attachments Tab->Uninstall, then delete these folders (some may not exist on your installation):
    - "__modules/attachment_tab".
    - "__swift/apps/attachment_tab".
    2. Delete all files inside "__swift/cache"
    3. Reinstall the module, make sure you upload the files to "__apps/attachment_tab". Instructions can be found here http://forge.kayako.com/projects/dewak-attachments-tab
    4. Delete your browser's cache and test.

Please let me know if this worked.

13. Drew Keller

14. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thank you Drew, we will include this feature in the to-do list for the new release.

15. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

16. Atomixn

Atomixn New Member

Thanks! Great! Awesome work, that makes life easier

17. Panayiotis Fafakos

Panayiotis Fafakos New Member

Thank you very much for this addon to KAYAKO.
    We have been able to install it in version 4.52.2417 successfuly.

Do you happen to know if it is also compatible with version 4.53.2633?

We are going to upgrade to this KAYAKO version and we would like to know if we are going to keep this extension or not.

18. Drew Keller

Tested with Version 4.54.3161 no issues identified.

19. Christian Collado

Christian Collado New Member

Hi
    I have the Kayako version: 4.40.1148
    I get the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method SWIFT_Loader::loadmodel() in .../__modules/attachment_tab/library/Common/class.SWIFT_AttachmentsFunctions.php on line 22

20. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Christian, the attachments tab no longer supports Kayako 4.40, please update to version 4.50 or newer.

Christian Collado likes this.