1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Attachments tab Module by Dewak SA

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Oct 4, 2011.

1. jeffshead

jeffshead Established Member

Seems to be working OK with 4.59.1.3776.

2. Ben Dobson

Ben Dobson Member

Just tested an upgrade to 4.6 and this feature no longer works. The attachments tab is a brilliant addon, any idea if an update might be forthcoming?

Thanks!

Ben

3. Jcid

Jcid New Member

Here we run version 4.60.0.3971 in production, including the Attachments tab Module. What is the error message you get?

4. Ben Dobson

Ben Dobson Member

Strange! When I download the latest attachmentstab folder and install, it gives me a lengthy PHP error.

POssibly permissions related, I will keep testing

Thanks!

Ben

5. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

When I did my upgrade of my test server I made sure to deinstall the addon before doing the upgrade and then after I upgraded to 4.60 I put the new version of the addon into place and reinstalled it and it works fine for me.

6. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Hi Ben,

This apps works under 4.6X but when you upgrade there's sometimes problems with Kayako's cache (depending on the version you upgraded from). When you have this type of problems we recommend you do what Tom Lesniak did, uninstall, install and again and just in case delete Kayako's cache by going to this URL on your browser http:/KAYAKO_URL/staff/index.php?/Core/Default/RebuildCache
    Let us know if this works.

Best,

7. Luke Pinion

Luke Pinion Established Member

Andres,

Our organization has enjoyed your attachment tab for quite some time now, but I am curious: have you ever considered adding the ability to rename attachments? Is that even possible with the API? If it it is possible, it would be a huge asset to us as we receive a lot of screenshots and they all have the same name, so it is difficult to identify which one is which.

Thanks,
    Luke

8. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thanks for your comments Luke.

The API doesn't allow you to rename attachments but it can be done through a customization of this free App, it is also possible to generate a small thumbnail of images so you can identify them more easy. If you are interested follow up with me via email andres[at]dewak.com

9. Luke Pinion

Luke Pinion Established Member

Andres,

I replied back to your email several days ago, but haven't heard back from you. Just thought I'd follow up on here in case you didn't receive my response. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks!

10. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Luke, I replied to your email last week.
    Please send me your comments via email.
    Thanks

11. Dan Coistek

Dan Coistek Member

New to Kayako and just installed this app. Love it.

The only thing I noticed is that it does not show attachments that were sent in forwards. Am I doing something wrong or can I change that?

Thanks for your hard work!

12. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Dan,

All attachments assigned to a ticket should appear in the tab, if you scroll down through all the ticket posts and don't see the attachment then Kayako doesn't assign it when you forward a message. I cannot confirm this since I'm not aware of your Kayako version so any more details (version, edition, screenshots) would be appreciated.

13. Dan Coistek

Dan Coistek Member

Hi Andres,

Sorry for the delay here. This is our busy time at work. I am currently on 4.66.2. So I do scroll down the communications and can see the attachments but it appears that when we use the forward to send an email and add attachments that those will not show in the attachments tab. In addition though when I do another forward, those attachments that I just sent will also not be added to choose from on tat forward. Wondering if it might have to do with our settings which are currently set to make all third party conversations private. Definitely does not look like your issue though.

Thanks,

14. Szentmarjay Tibor

Szentmarjay Tibor Established Member

Hi Andres,

We realized only after upgrading from 4.4 to 4.64 that we did not uninstall the attachments tab module before upgrade and now we get an huge error message when we try to use quick search. Do you have any suggestion how we can correct this?

Thanks

15. Szentmarjay Tibor

Szentmarjay Tibor Established Member

I found the solution for this. I copied over the old module from __modules to the new _apps. The search started to function and I also could uninstall the old 1.0 version and install 2.2.

16. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Glad to hear you found a solution Tibor. The reason this happened is the change in folder structure that happened after Kayako 4.4

17. KarlH

KarlH Member

I'm interested in running this module as it sounds very useful, can anyone confirm compatibility with Kayako 4.70.xxxx?

18. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

19. KarlH

KarlH Member

We're giving it a run now, and so far so good!

One small enhancement that would go a long way, would be the ability to multi-select attachments for deletion. On the current version, all attachments must be deleted one by one, which whilst doing so is interrupted by the page refreshing back to the general tab. This results in many more clicks for deleting many attachments which could essentially be deleted in a single operation with a bit of minor tweak from the devs.

But otherwise, how cool is that preview button!!! Awesome work. :D

20. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thanks Karl. We'll add your suggestion to the improvements list, I can't promise it will be implemented but definitely evaluated.