Auto Acceptance of the Chats on Kayako Desktop

Discussion in 'Implemented and closed suggestions' started by Sreekanth Reddy, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Sreekanth Reddy

Sreekanth Reddy New Member

Hi Guys,

First of all I appreciate you guys for whatever the effort you are doing to improve the application. But we are very much concerned about one particular feature which was not implemented yet, we asked for this feature to you guys on tickets and chats, but no use till date. However I am not complaining on that..

But really we need this feature desperately, as our agents are trying to skip the chats to other agents, because of that only few people are baring burden of chats.

What we want?:

We can able to set a rule whether to Manually accept the chat (which is now default), or Auto aceept the chat when it was assigned to a particular agent.

According to me this feature is a must for large organizations, as this might kill our valuable working hours.

2. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Currently there is only one round robin option with two setup options, retry and time, which don't always work.
    What is needed is not just an auto-accept option, but more round robin options such as the following.

Option 1: Broadcast requests to all available operators simultaneously. First operator to accept a request gets the chat.
    Option 2: Broadcast randomly to all available operators.
    Option 3: Broadcast randomly based on load (less busiest operator first).
    Option 4: Broadcast in round-robin fashion based on sign-in order.
    Option 5: Broadcast in round-robin fashion based on load (less busiest operator first).

IMO Option 4 is the least desirable but that is the way Kayako works now, only skipping operators is their queue is full based on KD busy settings.
    An auto-accept option would be of benefit if skillset and busy settings are factored in, but Option 1 would be my preference so operators can accept requests on demand. This is especially important if you are providing support services on demand or across multiple PCs.
    Currently a visitor has to wait for round robin to pass through all available operators when they only want a specific operator to answer who is waiting for their request. This is neither efficient nor visitor-friendly. Simultaneous broadcast would solve this problem. Until this option is added, KD is ill suited for support services companies who frequently work across multiple PCs or provide support on demand.

3. Sreekanth Reddy

Sreekanth Reddy New Member

Does anyone care about the above mentioned queries, also I agree with you masterctrl1.

4. MarkIngles

MarkIngles Established Member

I put it in the bug tracker, but it's been ignored so far. It was 8 months ago.
    I've tried using software like auto-hotkey to run on the agent's desktop, but the way the window is created to alert of an incoming chat is really weird. I was never able to get it to work.

5. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Hooray! Option 1 has been added in 4.50.0 as listed in the release notes:.

New live chat queuing mode - instead of round-robin, you can now have chats enter a shared pool with alerts sent to all available staff

Now Kayako users have a choice between simultaneous and round-robin.
    I believe the problem with round-robin failure has also been resolved.