1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Autoresponder email

Discussion in 'Customizing, extending and styling Kayako 3' started by 2source, Feb 18, 2010.

1. 2source

2source Member

Hi guys,

I didnt realise until today, that when I tick the "contents" tick box that it sends a totally separate email and doesnt add the contents to the autoresponder email.

I spoke to support to find out how I add the "contents" text to the auto responder email but they couldnt give me the details, does anyone else know what I need to change to get this to work?

Thanks

Karl
  2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Karl,
    You cannot add the ticket content to the autoresponder email. You will have to modify the source code to add this feature.
  3. 2source

2source Member

After a load more searching I noticed a post that you had previously replied to.

Is this a simple include statement so that it will allow these additional variables? If you can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

It seems very odd to me why the "contents" email sends in this way as default, do you know why it works how it does and what the logic is?

Thanks

Karl
  4. 2source

2source Member

Is it any easier to add the auto responder text to the contents email?
  5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

That is not advisable as all your content emails will have autoresponder text even though it may not be a first email response. May just be irritating for your client.
  6. 2source

2source Member

Can anyone suggest a way for this to be done? Either paid or otherwise.

If anyone can advise if this will be a function of V4 then I will just wait, otherwise I would prefer this ASAP.

Thanks

Karl
  7. Casey Rousseau

Casey Rousseau New Member

I'm not sure if I'm following your question.

Are you talking about a staff-created ticket or a ticket created by the email parser?

In the staff New Ticket form there are two check boxes, autoresponder and contents. If I recall correctly, for us we can only choose one or the other, because if you select both, you just get the autoresponder. If we want to send both the autoresponder to the customer and an email, we create the ticket, leaving contents unchecked and then post a reply.
  8. 2source

2source Member

The 2 tick boxes work perfectly according to how its supposed to work (as in it sends 2 emails to the client).

All I want is the autoresponder email to have the contents of the ticket, why is this such a problem?

I dont want to send 2 emails, or post a reply which will also send another email.

Hope this has cleared up any confusion.

Thanks

Karl
  9. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Hi Karl,

Thanks for contacting us, I sent you an email with more details.
  10. Casey Rousseau

My only concern with adding the contents to the autoresponder would be the added exposure to address spoofing attacks.

If you don't allow tickets to be created by the mail parser, this isn't an issue.
  11. 2source

2source Member

How would adding this information to the ticket increase these attacks?

Thanks

Karl
  12. Casey Rousseau

It shouldn't increase the attacks only the exposure. You're sending back out the content that was supplied by the attacker.
  13. 2source

2source Member

Well thats true........Although the anti-spam solution we have seems to be working pretty well and never had anything we didnt want in to that address.