1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.

Completed Better reports

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Mle, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hybridus

hybridus New Member

Any news?

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Not yet, but we're wrapping things up now. As always, we'll post here when we're up and running :)

3. thomasth

thomasth New Member

It appears that reports can only be exported to XML. Is this correct and if so why? You can export to PDF in other areas of the application. Our company expected that this system would finally have a way to efficiently produce reports and after upgrading we find out that is not the case. We need to know when this will be available. Please reply back ASAP.

Thomas

4. thomasth

thomasth New Member

We need this functionality. Please reply back with the status.

5. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I beleive a new build is due in a couple of weeks, I would not expect to hear anything further on reporting until the new build is out :)

Gary

6. malocite

malocite Member

No,

I'm not holding my breath. Its the beginning of October now, I was promised something in April, June, July, September... now its October and still nothing. I was generously offered a FREE extension of my support time in order to allow me to get the feature when it finally launches. Of course, that runs out the end of this month so I'm not very hopeful.

I'm seriously regretting my purchase at this point. I feel cheated, and I feel stupid for not having researched this better.... buyer beware I guess
    :( With the product in this state It will never make it out of my single office and will likely never be rolled out to the worldwide offices. Making me look like a fool.

7. Jamie Edwards

Hi malocite,

You shouldn't have been promised the new reporting module in months as early as April. We were targeting it for earlier than September/October, but the project was delayed while we worked out some scalability issues. As I said earlier, we are wrapping up the GUI and the first release of the module isn't too far away.

I appreciate your patience and I hope that we won't be keeping you waiting much longer.

8. David Hayes

David Hayes New Member

We have been using Resolve for a couple of months now, and while we were able to hammer it into something we could use, the Reporting Module has proven to be much less robust than advertised. I think my concerns mimic those that have already been voiced here, so I won't reiterate them - I will just send yet another earnest plea to Kayako to please give us something we can work with. As it says on the Kayako product tour "If you can't measure it, you can't improve it." We are having difficulty measuring our technicians' work since moving to Kayako. Part of the motiviation for implementing Kayako was because of its low cost, but if we have to develop our own reports over the MySQL database, it really doesn't save us much, does it?

9. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

edit:

Whops, somehow managed to post this on the wrong thread lol

gary

10. ncookperson

ncookperson New Member

Jamie - how can you tell Malocite that he shouldn't have been told that when your own blog last December said it would be delivered within weeks. Admittedly, that blog post has mysteriously disappeared at this point. I also have it in tickets I've opened where I was told that it would be released within weeks back in April. At this point, we are in the process of moving to another solution, having lost any hope that kayako can work out their development issues. I do commend you however on your ability to repeatedly lie to your customers with such consistency and conviction on an ongoing basis.

11. Jamie Edwards

ncookperson,

We haven't lied about anything. Throughout the thread I've been honest with the situation and all of the posts where I did say it is coming soon (but then revised later) still remain. The blog post was removed for two reason; firstly because that particular revision was scrapped in favor for something we are working on now, and secondly (for that reason) it was causing confusion among our customers).

12. Jamie Edwards

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.