Billing integration

Discussion in 'Using your helpdesk' started by CCSNET, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCSNET

CCSNET Established Member

i can't remember seeing this, but will v4 have some sort of billing integration.

specifically were looking to tie it in with sage accounts

Thanks

2. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

Kayako is not a billing system but support system so I dont think it will come with billing.

It always had billing integration via LoginShare and external plugins if that is what you ask.

3. CCSNET

CCSNET Established Member

its not what i asked, but thanks anyway.

I've found a company that will allow me to bill my customers for tickets used in the support system, just odd that functionality that pretty much build into things like autotask aren't even pencilled into a new version

Thanks

4. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Looking at the config.php file and the list of modules there, it looks like Kayako, at one point, did plan a billing module along with other modules but have since dropped the idea totally. Jamie confirmed in another thread that this would not feature in V4.

In discussions with him, he mentions the fact that V4 will be easier to add modules to without changing any code but they don't want to include too many features in order to keep the code "clean and agile". Personally, I disagree with this and would like to see as many features as possible added and I imagine many of their customer base would as well. The way I always think of the feature requests and determining if something would be useful is the fact that only a handful of users ever post and also the fact that if the feature was there, even more users may find it and decide it is useful and use it.

5. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

Hi Steven; No, not out of the box.

Not just the code, but the user experience. People get put off by product bloat. If a product is complicated by things they will not need, they will be put off it (even as early as in the research stages).

We don't just use customer feedback to gauge what is best for the product. We do thorough market research, including feedback from potential customers and markets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.