1. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako 3, which reached end of life in 2012. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (i.e. plain wrong!).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Blank page after installing license key file

Discussion in 'Installation and upgrading' started by rhp, Jun 19, 2007.

1. rhp

rhp New Member

I just re-installed SupportSuite after the server we had it installed on previously crashed. The name of the machine is the same as it was before, so I figured I would just re-download the license key file and it would work. Well, I saved it directly as key.php to the root folder, but I got "License Error: Invalid key file". When I upload it via FTP as binary, I just get a blank page when I try to go to /setup/setup.php (or any other SupportSuite page for that matter).

Is there something I'm missing here? I'm using Windows 2003 / IIS6 with PHP 5.2.3. Thanks in advance.

2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Check your server error_log for any reported error. Could be a PHP issue.

3. rhp

rhp New Member

No errors in the event log. I thought maybe it was a database connection issue, but I changed it to login as root in the Kayako config file and it still doesn't work. Just shows a blank page.

Any other ideas?

4. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

From which version did you upgrade? Could be a PHP related issue. Can you please provide a link to your phpinfo?

5. rhp

rhp New Member

It's on an internal server so I can't link my phpinfo, but this wasn't an upgrade, it was more like a re-install. The server crashed a while ago and I'm just now reinstalling everything, so I'm just using the latest version of PHP and Kayako. Our license was for Kayako v3 so I know I'm using the right license file. I just don't get any errors or clues as to what the problem is. Unfortunately our support contract with Kayako has expired, so I can't go to them for help either :(

6. eiden

eiden New Member

Open PHP.ini.
    Set display_errors = On
    Restart the webserver.

Do you get any useful error messages now?

7. rhp

rhp New Member

Just as an update for anyone who might find it useful: the problem ended up being that short_open_tag was set to "Off" in php.ini. Changing it to "On" fixed the problem and it started loading after that.

Thanks for all your help troubleshooting!