Build your own custom notifications

Discussion in 'Using your helpdesk' started by Gary McGrath, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Trevor,

Try out this file here, to see if it fixes the notificationmessage issue, its compatiable with 649 and 732.

Gary

Attached Files:

2. esowers

esowers Established Member

Is it possible to add custom fields to notification emails?

3. Gary McGrath

It would be possible yes, but it would not be a "generic" file for everyone, it would have to be wrote for your installation specifically

Gary

4. esowers

Gary, Thanks for the notification fields. As I was applying it I ran into an error that is generated in the email.

[Notice]: Undefined index: _ownernot (cache/d35765436cc1be3cece386f80f4aaf82.php:27)

I tried clearing the cache in __swift/cache (including the d357... file) as well as running the clear cache through the Admin CP but that didn't resolve the problem. Do you have any thoughts on why that might still be appearing?

I'm running fusion - 4.30.649

5. Gary McGrath

We plan on releasing a new version of this over the weekend to avoid the undefined index errors ( it can happen for a couple of reasons ), we will hopefully have the new file posted up on monday

Gary

6. esowers

ok, great thanks.

7. Gary McGrath

I have attached an advanced version of our custom notifications, this is the one we are currently testing internally, but it seems pretty stable, so posting it here so you guys can test it too.

Gary

Attached Files:

8. esowers

I gave the new file a go and I'm still receiving "undefined index" on all the fields. I cleared the cache, but that didn't resolve it.

9. Gary McGrath

What template did you edit to insert the new fields?

Gary

10. esowers

I inserted all the fields into the email_surveyhtml to test it. However, since you said that I just tried it in the email_ticketstaffreplyhtml and ran into the same problem. The HTML email would pull all the old fields (ex ticketDepartmentTitle) but would run into problems with the new variables.

11. Gary McGrath

You need to restore your email survery template, the patched file above does not change anything in it, and will lead to you getting those errors.

The only template it affects if the notification templates, try restoring your templates, and then try and use one of the new variables in the email_ticketstaffreplyhtml template. We have tried alsorts to try and get this to error out, and with our new fixes, we were unable to cause an undefined index error at all

Gary

12. esowers

Ok, I restored the ticketstaffreply email, but the error was still there. I thought it may be a user permission error, so I logged in as admin and replied to a ticket but the error still persisted.

We are still in the development stage of setting up Kayako so I'm going to upgrade to the latest version soon. I may give this another go around then to see if that fixes it.

Thanks again for your help.

13. Luke Pinion

Luke Pinion Established Member

This is a great thread you've got going on here, Gary. I look forward to trying this out on our installation when I get the chance. This will be a huge help!

14. chris88

chris88 Established Member

Agreed. Thanks for the information Gary - this thread gave us what we needed to regain useful notifications after upgrading to V4.

15. Xeserve

Xeserve Established Member

I uploaded the file and then I tried editing both the emailnotificationuser_html and emailnotificationuser_text templates however nothing I do changes the ticket notifications?

16. Xeserve

Xeserve Established Member

I got it, I had to edit a different template, the problem is I hate this variable:
    <{$_notificationContentsHTML}>

Because when I want it to only include the content of the reply it includes all this info which I want to make my own version of this with my own variables:

Is there a variable that I can use which will just show the client reply and not all that info on top of it?

17. Gary McGrath

Yeah, your using the origional variable ( pre modification ), if you check the first post in this thread, I list all the new variables you can use, including <{$_noticationmessage}> which is "just the reply"

Gary

18. idxman01

idxman01 Member

It's a shame we have to do this for V4 when V3 was working fine and it was simple to modify the email templates. I've been wasting too much time on this prior to finding this thread.

All we want to do is trim down the amount of ticket info in each notification and move the "body" up near the top of the message...

19. Gary McGrath

I added a request to get this added as a feature, but until it is, this mod serves well to allow customisation of the notification messages

Gary

20. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

+1 Customize notifications should be a standard feature.