1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Bulk Tikcet creation

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop' started by Les Cropley, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Les Cropley

Les Cropley New Member

Good afternoon- I have read the thread on bulk ticket creation and I have a similar yet different request.
    We use the system to make outbound calls to college students to remind them of items they need to complete. My challenge is that I receive the students to call in an excel format. We have customer field built in to the ticketing system to support the fields we need to capture.
    I currently have people manually creating the tickets, this is a very timely effort.
    Is there a way to upload the data from the excel spreadsheet to create an individual ticket for each record? For an example I have spreadsheets with 20000 records on it that need to be loaded.
    Thanks,
    Les

2. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Assuming you are referring to Kayako Classic, this is not possible by default but you can develop a module to do this for you.

3. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

We have done this on a few occasions. What and how you do this, may depend on the data sources, but we generally wrong our code each time we did it.

Using the Python SDK (on github) we were able to perform user list extraction, and then filter the users according to requirements locally to produce our input list for bulk creation. This helped determine which user IDs we are creating tickets against (as we only generate these against existing users).

You could do similar with your existing datasets.

Using the SDK, we would then raise a ticket placeholder in the customers name. Once created in the appropriate department and with a specific type value, we would then generate a reply to the generated ticket from a staff member.

The combination of ticket type and the fact we reply after creating helps as a filter on our average first touch time and response times.

4. Les Cropley

Les Cropley New Member