1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Calculate Ticket Age in Each Department

Discussion in 'Kayako reports (Kayako Classic)' started by Deuxieme, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Deuxieme

Deuxieme New Member

I am looking for help on how to calculate the time that tickets spend in a certain department. So if a ticket has been in one department for 10 days, and another department for 2 days, I want to be able to show that.

There are 6 departments and tickets get transferred between them regularly. For example, a ticket can go from Dept 1 -> Dept 3 -> Dept 1 -> Dept 5.. and the ending department is not always the same as the one it started out in.

Right now I am just taking today's date minus the creation date of the ticket to get the ticket's age, and then sorting it by department. However, that only gives me the ticket age and what department it is currently in. For example, if a ticket is 10 days old and was just transferred to Dept 3 today, it will just show its 10 days old in Dept 3.

One possibility I have considered is looking at the audit log and calculating the time between the ticket was opened, each time the ticket was transferred, and when it was closed, whilst tracking the departments. However, I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Arjun Prasad

Arjun Prasad New Member

Any Help with this? I am looking to create one such report