Can I create and edit widgets using the hosted solution?

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by scribsoft, Sep 12, 2011.

1. scribsoft

scribsoft New Member

I would like to be able to edit/create new widgets, yet I cannot figure out how. My helpdesk is hosted by Kayako, so I'm wondering if this is limited when using the hosted solution.

My main goal is to eliminate the department select screen from the end user interface, so they go straight into a specific department.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

Ceate a new widget and call it whatever , then for the URL use this:

http://helpdeskurl/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/2 ( but note you need to change "2" to the correct department ID in your case )

I would use the same large and small icons as in use on the default submit a ticket widget.

Once you have done that, goto the client side interface, when you click on your new widget, it will render the form for that department instead of the select dept form.

Gary

Jamie Edwards likes this.
  3. scribsoft

scribsoft New Member

Thanks Gary, That makes sense, but as I stated before, I cannot figure out how to create the widget in the first place. :)

4. Gary McGrath

Ah ok,

Admin CP, widgets, click on the new button.

Gary

5. scribsoft

scribsoft New Member

That's what I was afraid you would say, and possibly my issue. There is no "Widgets" link that I can see anywhere in my admin CP. Is there a screenshot somewhere that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

6. Gary McGrath

Sure, I have attached a screen shot for you

Gary

Attached Files: