Can't Insert News

Discussion in 'Using your helpdesk' started by tallen-bt, Aug 2, 2012.

1. tallen-bt

tallen-bt Established Member

I am trying to post a new news item on our helpdesk but get the following:
    Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 9.32.03 AM.png

I have all the fields filled out. Have send email set to NO. There is no other indication of why this isn't working.

Help?

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

That sounds very odd, there is only really two fields to fill in, title and content

what version of kayako are you running, which browser are you trying to do it in? ( also try another browser to see if you get the same )

Gary

3. tallen-bt

I am running 4.40.1148 using Safari currently. Tried with Firefox as well and get the same error. No errors in the admin panel either.

4. Gary McGrath

hmm, thats the version I have on my test atm and its inserting news fine. Can you try and clear out your helpdesk cache, admin cp, diagnostics, rebuild cache.

Then clear out your browsers cache and try again

Gary

5. tallen-bt

I rebuilt the cache and cleared Safari's cache and had to login to the Staff CP again. Same issue, tried to see if sending an email would make a difference and it still had the same error.

EDIT: Got this in Firefox:
    Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 10.16.42 AM.png

6. Gary McGrath

I think the best bet is to submit a ticket to kayako, I think its going to need someone from kayako to login and take a look at it, as I can't really see anyway you can get it wrong to generate that error.

Gary

7. tallen-bt

I will do that today, this is the first time I have tried to use the News feature. :(

8. tallen-bt

Wanted to update and say that this is fixed for us in 4.50.00! :D