Capture Information Stored on a Driver License

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by Charles Schuck III, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Charles Schuck III

Charles Schuck III New Member

We are planning to use iPads to run our both check into the system and modify tickets. We want to make the intake of repairs for our gaming console repair system much quicker in doing so we want to swipe there ID or Driver License and capture information.

First Name
    Last Name
    Address:
    State:
    and ID or Driver License number

and have it entered into the service ticket, At this point I would like the option of a receipt from a receipt printer, with the following information.

Ticket ID:
    Service Requestion:
    S/N:
    Time/Date
    ECT
    Tech name
  2. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Charles,

I am a little lost as to what you are asking for? DO you need to know how to return the Ticket ID? DO you need to know how to Create a New Ticket? DO you want to Look up a Ticket? Really all you have posted is information about what you are planning not about how you want to intergrate with kayako (Other than to have the Ticket ID on a receipt)
  3. Charles Schuck III

LOL Sorry bro, I have a game console repair shop and I want to speed up the process of the acquisition or when a customer drops off their console so I want to ask them for a drivers license and credit card and with two swipes send them on their way. On the swipe of the customers drivers license I want enter the above information into the service ticket. The the ability to have a thermal POS printer print a small invoice with the above listed information.
  4. Drew Keller

I dont see this being something that Kayako can do out of the box (Very limited print options for a start) but if you have some development skills or know someone who does, or are willing to pay someone (you will find a few different people in the market place forum) I am sure they could build you something to capture the details, create the ticket, print the receipt etc.

If you are on here asking for someone to quote it for you then I am afraid you need to ask it in the market place, as that is the only forum that developers are meant to give out contact information. but if you have a look in that thread you will see a few like support skins, kayako-solutions, dewark, wo are regualar postes and get regular feed back.
  5. Charles Schuck III

Sorry wrong place Sorry again!

Thanks for all the help
  6. Drew Keller

No Issues. I know I know it can be hard to find the correct place in a large forum, i just wanted to point you in the right direction so you get an answer sooner. Best of luck.