1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Cascading selects?

Discussion in 'Upgrading to the new Kayako' started by Phil R, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

So, cascading selects just don't see to cascade.

https://support.kayako.com/article/1151-adding-custom-fields-for-cases-users-and-organizations

The docs show that '\' & '|' are level separators, but neither seems to work.

I have maybe 25 items, of which there are 4 top levels.

There is a single '\' in each of them, and they all just show as a single string in the dropdown including the '/'.

It would be really handy if this feature offered a multi-select option. as this would work for when we indicate which of our licenses products are allocated.

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Phil - thanks for pointing this out, good catch and I'm sorry you had to run into it. We'll have a fix out tomorrow.

3. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hey Phil,

Just wanted to update on this one, yesterday that cascading selects were not working from the help center, happy to say today it is fixed!

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 12.56.29.png

I know in the agent area, it displays as a quick selection choice, do you think the way we have it in the Help Center for a customer would be beneficial for agents? ( it is a choice about being quick or not )

Gary

4. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

How do you mean being quick?

As in delivery of potential change to the product, or as in speed and usability of it?

There are two examples in our use case. One is new (taking advantage of your improvements, especially with our growth outlook), the other existing.

The existing relates to our product set. Essentially a tree of our core major versions and then minor versions of each one. Quite a long list over the years. This would be assigned by an Agent at case level.

5. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Phil,

If you check the cascading select in the agent area, it opens a quick selection list, if you view the same field on the help center, you will see it loads the sections, when you then pick the section, it will then display the new options, and that repeats until you get to picking the final value.

I was wondering if you meant you would like it to be like that in the agent area too?

Gary

6. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member