1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Changing status when assigning to a department or owner

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Pedro Reis, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Pedro Reis

Pedro Reis Established Member

I whant that when i ticket is received (open status), if this ticket is assigning to a department or owner, the status changes automatically to open to in progress.. How can i do it ?

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

You can use workflow for this ( admin CP )

Setup a new workflow which for criteria says when ticket = unassigned, then in the actions select the department, status you want etc..

You might need to create a couple of workflows, one for each department.

Then when you open an assigned ticket in the staff CP, on the left hand side, the workflows will list, you simply click on the right one and it will perform all the actions you have told it to.

Gary

3. Pedro Reis

This action must be automatic , if i have to click something to do it, it will be preferable to change directly the status

Wat i need its to change automaticaly the status from open to in progress, when a ticket change from unassigned to assigned to someone

4. Gary McGrath

Hi there,

This is what the workflow will do, rather than manaully changing the ticket to assigned/department/status

You configure the workflows, so when you press it, it does all of these things for you, assigns the ticket, moves its department and sets its status.

Gary

5. Pedro Reis

Hi Gary,
    thanks for your reply, but in that case its no use, if i have to click on something to perform an action (in this case, the action will only be trigerred if i clickon the workflow).
    If i have to click on something to perform an action its not automatic.
    In that case rather then click on a workflow , just change the status manually

Im sure that a tool that is complete s kayako, must have a way to do this

6. Gary McGrath

Maybe I am not understanding you. How do you think a ticket is being assigned? its received and sat in unassigned. Your then assigning it to someone ( thats a manual action ), so you can either assign it and change departments and statuses at the same time, or you can use a workflow.

Perhaps if you explaining in more detail what your trying to do.

Gary

7. Pedro Reis

1. A ticket arrives stay open in the pool , waiting for someone to take it
    2.1 a technician grabs it changing the ownership to him - problem : the status must also be changed manualy, if not the ticket will continue in a open status
    2.2 a technician of 1 level , escalate it to 2 level , changing the department problem : the status must also be changed manualy, if not the ticket will continue in a open status

that why i want to change the status automatically

8. Gary McGrath

Hi there,

I really think workflow is what you need here

1) Instead of your technician changing ownership to himself, they simply execute the workflow for level 1, this assigns the ticket to them, moves it to the right department, and alters the status ( all with one click )

2) Then when it needs escallating, they click on the level 2 workflow, and this moves it to level 2 support department and changes the status and assigned owner for you with one click.

The only other way would be to edit the base code, so when selecting a department it changes the status, but I would really recommend workflow here rather than trying to modify the base code.

Gary

9. Pedro Reis

Gary,

Supose that i have n tickets and n technicians in level 1
    Worflow does not apply if one of the technicians, want to pick a specific ticket , because if he clicks on the workflow it will change all the tickets...

10. Gary McGrath

Hi there,

The workflow is only ever applied to the ticket your viewing, it does not affect tickets on mass.

Gary

11. Pedro Reis

I tested the workflows , i think it will do it.

Thanks

12. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

Triggers and automations are avaialble with other help desk solutions, but I don't think Kayako has equivalent functions.
    Workflows is a good start. Perhaps that function will be enhanced in the future to include timer options or conditional triggers that cause the workflow to run on its own.

13. Mirdi

Mirdi New Member

Hi,

OK this is an old old post but struggling with the same thing.
    We would like to have current view in the Kayako:
    -Main queue (here is only OPEN and unassigned cases)
    -- Assigned (cases that has owner)
    -- Closed (closed tickets)

So when the case comes to queue and staff member press either "take" (assigning it to itself) or assigns it to someone else, the case status sould move automaticallt to assigned and shown only in Assigned "folder". I cannot ask users to take the case and then press workflow or change the status manually.
    This way we could "poll the queue" and see only the unassigned cases in there and not mixed cases where someone is assigned and others are not.

Is there nowadays any way to accomplish this?

Br, MD