1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Chat 'Form' to Wide in Window

Discussion in 'Customizing, extending and styling Kayako 3' started by halestorm, Aug 1, 2011.

1. halestorm

halestorm New Member

I have been customizing the skin for our Kayako 3 helpdesk.
    In our Chat Windows the 'form' seems to be taking 800 pixels wide, causing our windows to show a side scroll bar. I have tried many ways to reduce this to 400 pixels or be more inline with the actual window itself. Any clues where I can change this setting?

see a screenshot at
    http://atlaschirosys.com/capture.png

Thanks.
  2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

In Admin CP, settings, livesupport, there is options for chat height and width.

After changing it, make sure to goto admin cp, diagnostics, rebuild cache. Once thats done, in your browser, goto the home page, and then do a hard refresh ( alt+f5 )

Gary
  3. halestorm

halestorm New Member

Actually, thank you - we figured it out.
    The actual Form was to wide for the chat window - but we wanted the form to fit the window. So I created a new CSS file to address the form width (to be 400 px wide) and attached to chatheader (or something like that) - I do appreciate the response though!