Constant email notifications - how to stop?

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Download)' started by Noam, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Noam

Noam Member

Hey all. I've been posting alot on the forums and I first off want to thank everyone for all the great support so far, it's been a pleasure troubleshooting with so much help.

We have Kayako installed on our RHEL6 server. The problem is that any time someone logs in or out of the admin/staff CP, we all get an email sent to the distribution list for notifications. This is the email subj/body:

Code:
    Subject: Registration required: Unable to create ticket

Code:
    Your ticket=as not been accepted into the system. You are required to create an ac=ount before you can create any tickets via email. Please register at th= following URL: http://helpdesk.mysite.com/index.php?

Once registered, you will be able to submit tickets directly=y sending us an email. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may hav= caused.

If anyone has any idea why we keep getting this same message over and over please share and let me know how to prevent it. Thanks!

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Noam,

I think this issue is linked to your other issue, I think one of the staff accounts you have is just totally screwed. ( I have never seen that warning when logging into staff or admin CP ). I would try deleting the account you said was giving you the error before

Gary

3. Noam

Noam Member

I'd like to report that for some reason those equal marks only show up in Outlook on our internal email. Everything else appears to work normally so I'll do like you said and just delete the account. Thanks!

4. frankbackes

frankbackes Established Member

Hi,
    I know this is quite old but it fits in.

I have the same notification everytime sombody with a not yet registered mail sends to the mail adress of the mail queue. What setting need to be disabled to not notify on unsuccessfull ticket creation? As i only want the users to be get a notification when successfull, so other spam mail or user demands son't charge server for nothinf.

Thx for help.

Frank

5. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Frank,

I think you will just need to add a mail parser rule, and set the criteria to user group = guest, and set it to no send auto reponse and stop processing other rules

Gary

6. frankbackes

frankbackes Established Member

Hi Gary,

You mean like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As I just tried like that and the email keeps beeing sent.
    As I don't find any criteria with Usergroup so I took that one in the screenshot even I see below the rule the text is not matching what I need but I was hoping that you had some workarround

Wfr Frank