1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Count of word or phrase in ticket contents

Discussion in 'Kayako reports (Kayako Classic)' started by SeanD, Mar 3, 2017.

1. SeanD

SeanD Member

Hello,

Trying to see if I can create a report to show a count of how many tickets that have the contents of a specific word or phrase. For example:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS "Total" from 'Tickets' Where 'Tickets.Department' LIKE 'YDepartment'

instead:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS "Total" from 'Tickets' Where 'Tickets.Contents' LIKE 'Invalid Key'

There does not seem to be a mechanism to have a report pay attention to the contents of the ticket, rather, just higher (less verbose) sections; is that true?

Thanks for taking my call, I'll hang up and listen.

2. Johan van Zyl

Johan van Zyl New Member

Hi Sean,
    the query will look something like this

Your primary source will be ticket posts. and remember to use the % before and after the word you are looking for.

hope this helps.

SeanD likes this.
  3. SeanD

SeanD Member

Johan,

Thank you much sir. I see that 'Subject' is the lone focus - so the 'body' is not something that can be searched?

Again, thank you!

4. SeanD

SeanD Member

Select COUNT('Try things so you can answer your own questions buddy') as 'Experiment'

The result of that is 1 when I used Ticket.Contents

Thank you again, Johan.

5. Johan van Zyl

Johan van Zyl New Member

Hi Sean,
    just change the focus to Contents field in the query.