1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Creating form fields on Customer Submit ticket

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by AndrewL2704, Apr 5, 2017.

1. AndrewL2704

AndrewL2704 Member

Hi,

We are looking at creating a form for our clients to complete when submitting a ticket rather than just typing a message in the text box, so that we can collect the correct information to help us process their enquiry(We are a Business Travel Management company). I could see within Template: submitticket_form there is a section calling on customfields template(<{RenderTemplate name="customfields"}>) and thought I could modify that but are having some difficulty with understanding how that works. Does anyone know of a simple way to create form fields so the completed responses are created within the ticket post?

The type of fields we are after would be something like this,
    Names as per passport
    Departure point
    Arrival Point
    Date(prefereably with date calendar)
    Dep.time
    Arr.time
    Class (radio buttons to select Economy/Premium Economy/Business)

Any help in pointing me in the right direction very much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Andrew