1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Criteria (conditions) system needs nesting levels

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by NC Software, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NC Software

NC Software Member

It would be much better if the condition builder had nesting levels. For example:

-Ticket Status equals OPEN (AND)
    ----Ticket Priority equals NORMAL (OR)
    ----Ticket Priority equals URGENT (OR)
    -Ticket Owner equals "BLAH" (AND)
    ----Something equals YOH (OR)
    ----Something equals YOHYOH (OR)

This way you have a parent condition with sub-conditions. The sub-conditions are evaluated at their level i.e. using the OR and not affected by the parent AND/OR conditions.

2. ironfist

ironfist Established Member

the way the notification rules work currently you have to create a lot of duplicate rules in order to meet desired criteria.
    For example, if I want a rule to be applied to multiple depts, I must create the same rule for each dept.
    This would be a lot easier if the conditions could be grouped.

e.g.

event = NEW note
    OR
    event = new ticket
    AND
    (dept = "dept1" OR "dept2" OR "dept3")

To do this currently requires 3 rules

3. Gabe W

Gabe W New Member

+1

This would be very helpful for any rules requiring criteria. Especially helpful would be allowing multiple selections per criteria, as ironfist mentioned: (dept = "dept1" OR "dept2" OR "dept3").
    Some of my email parser rules are quite long and hard to maintain simply because I have to exclude 5 email queues and include 5 keywords, each on its own line. And the logic starts to get confusing very quickly!

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.