1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Custom field that is required on ticket close/resolve

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Gutriman, May 24, 2012.

1. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

Gary,

I take it that the customfieldid = '4' and 'genticketstatusid'] == 3 need to be updated to reflect the ID's for the given status and the customfield.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Drew,

Correct :)

Gary

3. Drew Keller

4. S.Miller

S.Miller New Member

Hi Gary,

So I'm trying to use this snippet of code in a similar fashion, however each time I go to close a ticket, the system keeps assuming the field is empty.

What I am trying to do is make sure that a ticket cannot be closed without entering a note into the ticket from one of the helpdesk managers. I've already set the Closed status to only be available to the proper staff teams. This is what I assumed the code should look like:

file: class.Controller_Ticket.php
    PHP:
              $customcheck '';

$this->Database->Query("SELECT note FROM " TABLE_PREFIX "ticketnotes WHERE linktypeid = '" $_ticketID "'");
      while (
    $this->Database->NextRecord())
                    {

$customcheck $this->Database->Record['note'];
                    }
                if (isset(
    $_POST['genticketstatusid']) && !empty($_POST['genticketstatusid'])) {
                    if (
    $_POST['genticketstatusid'] == && empty($customcheck)) {
                    echo 
    'You cannot close the ticket right now, you need to fill in a note';
                    return 
    false;
                    }
                }
    -EDIT-

Nevermind, I found the problem. I accidentally spelled the field name wrong. Should read 'note' instead of 'notes'. I've made the changes to the code above.

I guess sometimes it just takes looking at the code in a different window to see the obvious mistakes :)

5. In our Workflow we also need this resolution tab (wich countain a solution description and a solution category), then we use this solution is present in the report at the end of the month.
    This solution must be filled before a ticket could be change to "close" status by staff.

I tried to use custum field that I called "solution" but I'm not 100% satisfied with this workaround.

6. fork.dentures

fork.dentures New Member

Hello! I'm trying to use the above code to require that the Time Billable and Time Worked have a value before allowing the ticket to be set in a status of closed. I've adjusted the code to look like this:
    $customcheck = '';
    $this->Database->Query("SELECT timebilled FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "tickets WHERE typeid = '" . $_ticketID . "'");
    while ($this->Database->NextRecord())
    {
    $customcheck = $this->Database->Record['timebilled'];
    }
    if (isset($_POST['genticketstatusid']) && !empty($_POST['genticketstatusid'])) {
    if ($_POST['genticketstatusid'] == 3 && empty($customcheck)) {
    echo 'You cannot close the ticket right now, you need to fill in Billable Time';
    return false;
    }
    }

And no matter what values I put into the Billing Tab, it's not allowing me to close the ticket. Not sure where I'm missing the issue.

7. dragoscalin

dragoscalin Established Member

Hi

I do believe that the solution tab is critical for all the companies that try to achieve ITIL certification and can help a lot with case management since is important to know what was the cause of the request and what actions need to be taken in the future so that the incident not to take place again.

Also the ability to fast document the solution as a knowledge base article can help junior engineers to achieve faster experience and not waste time with cases that were already solved.

+1

8. Eric13el

Eric13el Member

I would be interested in this as well. Any way to do it?
    Thanks!
    Eric

9. Zach Gilliam

Zach Gilliam New Member

I would like to have the ability to make a custom field "Required" so that it must have a value before a technician can put a ticket in a resolved state.

10. Chris Plapp

Chris Plapp Reputed Member

+1

This "sort of" works now, but there are too many ways to get around completing a required field.

11. flostere

flostere New Member

12. Keith0001

Keith0001 New Member

Apologies if this is obvious and I have missed how to do it. I would like to categorise a ticket on closure so that I can create some simple stats. I would like the support agent to be able to mark the ticket as "bug" or "user error" "documentation error" etc. on closure.

Any help appreciated.

13. Drew Keller

Keith,

You can create a Custom field for this, the issue is that with the standard product you cannot force this to be mandatory before close.

I have seems some comments on the forum about changing the base code to get this to work, otherwise you could create a report for any closed ticket and if any don't have the field populated then return the ticket to the Owner/staff member who closed the ticket for them to populate.

14. Sarbjit Singh

Sarbjit Singh Staff Member

Hi Keith,

I believe, you are referring to setup the helpdesk in such a way that the system should ask staff to set the type as either bug, user error or documentation error of a ticket on closure.

Could you please correct me if I am wrong?

15. Keith0001

Keith0001 New Member

Hello Sarbjit - thanks for the quick reply, sorry about the delayed response. Yes, basically we want to gather stats on the reasons for the support tickets. Things like documentation errors, bugs, user error etc. preferably we wouldn't want this to be visible to the customer, for obvious reasons, but we would want it to be entered at the point that the ticket is closed as part of the closure procedure.

16. Sarbjit Singh

Sarbjit Singh Staff Member

I am afraid that there isn't any option available to make it mandatory before closing the ticket. You will need to tweak the code.

17. Martin Donnelly

Martin Donnelly New Member

18. Martin Donnelly

Martin Donnelly New Member

Please implement this

19. alvaro.madrid

alvaro.madrid Established Member

+1 also for merge tickets

20. Szentmarjay Tibor

Szentmarjay Tibor Established Member