1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Custom field that is required on ticket close/resolve

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by Gutriman, May 24, 2012.

1. Alex Saavedra

Alex Saavedra Member

+1
    Definitely needed feature. Please include it in Roadmap.

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Great suggestion :)

3. morcansupport

morcansupport New Member

I have managed to use the code to require a field before closure, great POST!

$customcheck = '';
    $this->Database->Query("SELECT fieldvalue FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "customfieldvalues WHERE customfieldid = '4' AND typeid = '" . $_ticketID . "'");
    while ($this->Database->NextRecord())
    {
    $customcheck = $this->Database->Record['fieldvalue'];
    }
    if (isset($_POST['genticketstatusid']) && !empty($_POST['genticketstatusid'])) {
    if ($_POST['genticketstatusid'] == 3 && empty($customcheck)) {
    echo 'You cannot close the ticket right now, you need to fill in custom field xx';
    return false;
    }
    }

One question: Is there anyway I can get to this work for only 1 department so using departmentid? This works across the entire helpdesk which I cannot use?

Please help, I'm desperate!

4. Jamie Edwards

Hi folks

We are planning on implementing the ability to set more granular "required field" conditions in the next major update of Kayako. Stay tuned

Drew Keller likes this.
  5. Korla_Plankton

Korla_Plankton Established Member

Under the Options tab for Custom Fields, there is a setting: "Required field
    The user will be required to complete this field if this setting is enabled."

My understanding is that this means the field needs to be filled out in order to submit the ticket.

We have a custom field 'outage duration.' When we create the ticket, we obviously don't know what the duration of the outage will be, so we can't fill it out. Nonetheless, it should be filled out once the outage is over and we close the ticket. So that's my question: Is there a way to require that a custom field be filled out in order to close a ticket? Or should I make a feature request?

thanks,

6. mainormainor

mainormainor New Member

I believe there is no solution to this yet if i'm not self hosted, kind a frustrating not able to have something so basic and elemental.

7. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I am afraid you are correct, if you are using our on demand platform ( and therefore cannot make code changes ) then this is not possible at the moment, but it will be possible in our next major release. ( I don't have any details I can share on that one at the moment, but we are working hard on this right now )

Gary

8. Torro

Torro New Member

Would like to see this feature too.

Our agents must enter a "Resolution Summary" when they close a call and we cant enforce that at the moment. We would also like to be able to enforce that a ticket has time recorded on it before it can be closed too and at least one reply.

We currently send round a report of closed tickets that have an empty "Resolution Summary" to chase the non-compliers.

9. Gary McGrath

All of those will be possible using our next major release, we will hopefully have more information about it coming soon. I am just not able to give any more information at the moment.

Gary

10. Kevin Reed

Kevin Reed Member

+1

Also, any update on where this sits on the road-map? Next version?

11. Jamie Edwards

12. jason_karsten

jason_karsten New Member

Hi Gary, I know this is an old thread and the new Kayako now has this feature but we are not going to be able to move in the near future and would like to make use of this until we move.

The only difference is we have a few custom categories, some are edited when the ticket is logged and then we have a resolution category that needs to be edited before the ticket is closed. The issue we have is when you edit any custom category and hit update it "edits" all categories and applies the default value so the code you have provided won't work for us as all custom categories will have a value.

Could you assist with modifying the code so that it looks for specific value in the custom field (this would be the default value which is "unclassified") and if that is found it returns the error message telling the engineer to fill in that field?

Thanks

13. Gary McGrath

Hi Jason,

I am in the middle of a few things atm, can you PM this request to me, so we can get more details around it, plus remind me about it. Will need to know things like the kind of custom field, option values it is using etc.. the code will probably have to be pretty specific to your install.

Gary

14. bear

bear Kayako Guru

15. Kevin Reed

Kevin Reed Member

Is this functionality likely to be back-ported into Kayako Download (and if so, any time soon)? We are restricted to using the download version for the foreseeable future, but would consider this to be a massive time saving if it can be made available...