1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Custom Fields in E-mail notifications

Discussion in 'Installation and setup (Kayako Classic Download)' started by spka, Apr 6, 2014.

1. spka

spka Member

Hi everybody.

I've created a new custom field (Order number), it works fine when user submits a ticket on the site and displays fine in the helpdesk.

But in the e-mail notification there is no sign of it, so you can't really tell what's ORDER number is unless you open up helpdesk and check there.

How can I do proper integration of custom field into email notifications sent to user & staff ?

2. Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Singh Staff Member

3. spka

spka Member

Yes, I've seen this. But it's quite old..

Any ETA on this feature to be implemented?

On the Tickets Confirmation Page I was able to add code to display on the page, but had to tweak some .php files in Kayako.

4. spka

spka Member

Gurpreet Singh

I heard modification of E-Mail templates should be native in 4.65, I'm on 4.65.0.5460 but it seems there is no such functionality, just a generic templates generated from PHP code mostly.

Can you point me to the right direction?

5. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

spka,

it looks like the only documentation on the new variables available for modifcation of the email templates was what was noted at the bottom of the 4.65 release note http://wiki.kayako.com/display/DOCS/4.65

you'd think that they would update their documentation to mention these variables on the templates page of the admin guide.

6. spka

spka Member

So the question is how much time do I need to wait for a new version to arrive or should I do this myself ?

7. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

considering that the defect isn't even on their roadmap i'm guessing that it will be a very long time until it is implemented. if you haven't already done so, go to the defect and vote for it. that will help bring it to their attention and get maybe get it resolved.

8. spka

spka Member

Gurpreet Singh

any update on this feature?

9. spka

spka Member

is there any update on this subject?

I think this feature should be built-in, otherwise no point in using custom fields at all if you can't embed them in e-mail / templates..

10. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

If you are self hosting, you can make this change yourself.

e.g.
    file: __apps\tickets\library\Notification\class.SWIFT_TicketNotification.php

Near line 712, look for

Code:

$this->Template->Assign('_ticketNotification', $_templateVariableList['_ticketnotification']);

Just after this, add the following code:

Code:

$_customFields = array();
      $_SWIFT = SWIFT::GetInstance();
      $_SWIFT->Database->Query("select ".TABLE_PREFIX."customfields.title, ".TABLE_PREFIX."customfieldvalues.fieldvalue ".
      "from ".TABLE_PREFIX."customfieldvalues ".
      "left join ".TABLE_PREFIX."customfields on ".TABLE_PREFIX."customfields.customfieldid = ".TABLE_PREFIX."customfieldvalues.customfieldid ".
      "where ".TABLE_PREFIX."customfieldvalues.typeid = '".$this->Ticket->GetProperty('ticketid')."'");
      while ($_SWIFT->Database->NextRecord()) {
      $_customFields[preg_replace('/\s+/', '', $_SWIFT->Database->Record['title'])] = $_SWIFT->Database->Record['fieldvalue'];
      }
      $this->Template->Assign('_customFields', $_customFields);

Then you can edit your notificationhtml and text templates, and use this variable to access your custom fields:

(note you need to type out the name of your custom field without spaces, so if it was "Order Number", then in here you would use "ordernumber")
    Code:

My Custom Field value is: <{$_customFields[MyCustomField1]}>

e.g. My Custom Field value is: <{$_customFields[orderno]}>

Gary

spka likes this.
  11. spka

spka Member

Thanks, Gary!

I'll try this and report back ..

12. afza123

afza123 Member

what about for non selfhosted customers?

13. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

If you are using the on demand platform, you will not be able to make the above changes I am afraid.

Gary

14. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

It is not possible with the current version of Kayako.

15. spka

spka Member

Thanks, Gary. It works.

For localized output you need to create a phrase in languages management for multiple languages and put it's variable into template as well.

Why this functionality is not in Kayako by default ?

16. eelloo Support

eelloo Support New Member

Hi Gary,

While using your string of code and editing my mail templates, I came across the following error message while generating a ticket email:

Notice
    Undefined index: _customFields (./__swift/cache/d53237737479eb11d859b4f1e10edb04.php:50)
    =================================================================================================================================

This notice occured for every customfield I entered in the template, even though I edited the swift-doc just like you described.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Freek Haagsma

17. Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet Singh Staff Member

18. eelloo Support

eelloo Support New Member

Hi Gurpreet,

Thanks that's great news, I will update to the latest version (now using 4.71).

Regards, Freek