1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Custom Fields

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by bigtooth, Jul 1, 2016.

1. bigtooth

bigtooth Member

2 questions - hopefully someone can answer.

1) Is there a way to make the custom fields CHECKBOXES horizontal instead of vertical on the Support Center ticket page? Now, as it is, if you have 10 checkboxes for a question, they are vertical. Is there a way to make them horizontal?

2) Is there a way to turn a custom field into a hyper link? Just one of them, not all of them. For example (not what I am doing here but...) If one of the TEXTAREA boxes says
    "what city do you live in?" [TEXT BOX ANSWER]
    And if they enter "Dallas" then it hyper links to http://weather.com/city=dallas
    I realize that isn't the correct URL for weather searing, but it gives you the idea of what I am trying to do.

2. bigtooth

bigtooth Member

OK - I have figured out #1
    It is actually in the ADMIN --> Templates and is an easy fix. Just in case anyone ever needs the answer, here is is.

Admin CP ---> Templates --> General --> customfields
    Go to around line 21 and you will see:

<label for="<{$_customField[fieldname]}>[<{$optionkey}>]"><input type="checkbox" id="<{$_customField[fieldname]}>[<{$optionkey}>]" name="<{$_customField[fieldname]}>[<{$optionkey}>]" value="<{$_customFieldOption[value]}>"<{if $_customFieldOption[checked] == 1}> checked<{/if}> /> <{$_customFieldOption[title]}></label> <br />

Just remove the final <br /> and it will keep them from breaking down and that will move them horizontally.

Now, back to trying to answer #2.