1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Custom Form -> Ticket

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Carl Silver, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Carl Silver

Carl Silver Reputed Member

I'm looking for a simple way to make a custom pre-sales contact form create a ticket in our ales dept once submitted.

Does anybody know of an (easy) way to do this, or a tutorial i can look at?

2. Joost Sanders

Joost Sanders Reputed Member

Hi Carl,

If I understand your question well:

Option 1: Let the custom web form send an email on behalf of the client to your sales department kayako address (easiest)
    Option 2: Use the API to create a ticket from your custom web form (little more difficult)

First option is the easiest. If you have only 1 email address entering Kayako, put something in the email subject that you can match with a parser rule.

3. Vladislav Osmanov

Vladislav Osmanov New Member

4. achu

achu New Member

Did anyone ever successfully implemented a web form that creates a ticket in Kayako?

Thanks!

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

You can always use Kayako API. We have successfully implemented various such forms for our clients.

6. achu

achu New Member

I prefer to customize the forms and connect it to Kayako. Even if I have to customize the form and have someone else do the API, I am fine with that. The reason is because we modify the forms all the time and we have multiple forms to configure.