Delete all tickets?

Discussion in 'Using your helpdesk' started by Armin.Horst, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Armin.Horst

Armin.Horst Established Member

Hi
    is there a way/script to delete all tickets?

Background:
    to test the update from V3 to V4 I have imported my V3-database, changed some settings and templates, ...
    Now I would like colleagues to test their standard operations in the StaffCP (in my test system), but of course I would like to avoid that any of their actions accidently triggers emails to our customers.
    I already did change the domain for the queues, to avoid to import emails from production.

I could go to mysql and delete all rows from swtickets, but I guess there are more tables involved (swticketposts, swticketemails, ...)

regards
    Armin Horst

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there Armin,

I would recommend you simply create a new blank mysql database and use that, then you know 100% that your staff wont accidentally send stuff to your live customers.

gary

3. Armin.Horst

Armin.Horst Established Member

Hi

thanks.

creating a new database forces me to all configurations again and many of them can only be done manually in the AdminCP (?). As far as I can see there is only an export/import process for templates, for things like staff, departments, ticket status, queues, ... I either import them from V3 or do them all manually starting with the Resolve defaults

At the end, being able to keep/transport the AdminCP-Settings without any tickets is what I'm looking for

thanks for your help
    Armin

4. cginest

cginest Established Member

Any luck with the right SQL statements to delete existing tickets? I'd like to get rid of mine but keep config for a dev instance. Thanks!

5. Drew Keller

Drew Keller Just one person in a world of millions.

6. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

As Drew posted, you can use the script I wrote in that thread, it will clear out all tickets ( if you use an appropriate date )

Just an FYI also, it also clears all ticket tables, including audit logs etc.. :)

Gary