Delete an attachment from a ticket post

Discussion in 'Using your helpdesk' started by Tom Lesniak, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Tom Lesniak

Tom Lesniak Established Member

Is it possible to delete an attachment from a ticket post? I can't seem to figure out how to do this?

I have some tickets that have spreadsheets, checklists, etc... that get passed around from one staff member to another. The problem is that every time that someone replies they include the updated document and it creates a new attachment. So before long there are 15 copies of the same file attached to the ticket. I want to be able to remove the attachments from previous replies (but not remove the entire reply as the staff member may have put details into the reply that I want to keep)
  2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

3. Tom Lesniak

Gary,

I'm already running that module and it's great. But that doesn't give the ability to delete an attachment from a post. It simply makes it much easier to find and download all of the attachments in a ticket.

-Tom
  4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Hi Tom,

According to the post history, in the lastest version, they added an option to delete attachments

Gary
  5. Tom Lesniak

Gary,

It appears that they will be adding it into a new release of the module. According to Dewak's post from Tuesday of this week they have yet to add the new functionality into the module. I just did a download of the zip that is posted and did a checksum comparison and it's the same as the version that I have installed on my system.

So it would appear that this module will eventually have the functionality that I'm looking for. At least I know that it is coming. I'll just sit back and wait patiently until it arrives.

I was hoping that this might have been basic functionality in Kayako but I guess not.
    Thanks!

-Tom