1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Deleting users from helpdesk

Discussion in 'Technical chat' started by Joe Graw, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Joe Graw

Joe Graw Established Member

Hello,
    Is there any way to mass delete users from the helpdesk that have no tickets associated with them? If anyone has a script that does this and wouldnt mind sharing, I would appreciate it.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi Joe,

what is the reason behind this request? ( if you don't mind me asking ) as I am not sure how well such a script would work. Typically a user would only get created at the point of creating a ticket, so its likely trying to clean them via "do they have a ticket" will not work well.

Gary

3. Joe Graw

Joe Graw Established Member

Hi Gary,
    We have spam that comes in from our email account that results in a ticket created. We delete the tickets when they come in, but we do not always delete the user account. As a result, we probably have several thousand user accounts that are actually spam. Let me know if this helps explain the situation.

thanks
    joe

4. masterctrl1

masterctrl1 Kayako Guru

If marked as spam the user's email address is retained to block further attempts from that address.
    I think marking a ticket as spam should remove the ticket and any attachments, but that it not the way it works currently.

5. sergegudzon

sergegudzon New Member

Hi Joe. Have you found a way to resolve this issue?