1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Desktop screenshot to submit with ticket

Discussion in 'Modifications, extensions and addons' started by murryc, Aug 25, 2007.

1. murryc

murryc Member

Has anyone found a way to incorporate a screen shot option to the ticket submission process? A lot of ticket submissions involve an error message or a certain image on the user's desktop that only a screenshot can help to resolve. I have seen other help desk solutions that have built-in screenshot images of the user's desktop when they go to submit a ticket. When the user reaches the screen where they enter the problem detail, a small thumbnail of their desktop image appears below that field. There could then be a checkmark to 'not send the screenshot for this ticket', if the user does not feel it is needed.

If no one has a solution, then how do I submit this as a feature request?
  2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

I'd be interested to know which solutions do this, because I cannot see how you could do this without loading some kind extension (and Applet or an ActiveX control), which are known to 'scare' people away when asked to install something, especially when IE brands it as "Untrusted".
  3. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Pretty much impossible without something installed client side as Jamie said. I imagine not a simple thing to code either because it would have to have something that works with IE / FF / etc. As mentioned as well, unless your clients really trust you, I doubt they'd install.
  4. murryc

murryc Member

www.ilient.com has this feature, but you are correct in that it has a client-side process running.
  5. murryc

murryc Member

You have to download the demo version to see it in action. The online demo does not have this feature.
  6. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Don't think you are supposed to post links to other pieces of help desk software here according to the forum rules...
  7. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Chief Limey Staff Member

I am afraid we most likely won't be delving into this specific feature, but this feature request here may be of interest to you, which is something may consider doing at a later stage.