1. This sub-forum relates to Kayako 3, which is now end-of-life. Please be aware that a lot of information relating to features, sales and the roadmap in the Kayako 3 forums is now outdated or defunct (no longer applicable).

If unsure about anything, please create a new thread or contact us.

You can visit the main forums for the latest Kayako here.

Direct Login (Dewak Free Modification)

Discussion in 'Modifications, extensions and addons' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Dewak is a software development company created by a team of Software Engineers and graphic designers with more than 2 years of experience customizing, re-coding, and providing support for Kayako Support Suite and eSupport for clients all around the world.

Our latest release is a modification called DirectLogin. This modification allows end users to access their Support Center account with a single click.
    When an end user submits a ticket or a staff user replies to a ticket, the notification email that the user receives has a link that will automatically login the user and display the ticket on the Support Center. With this modification you don’t have to send your users the password on every
    email notification, the password will be on the link and encrypted to increase security. The DirectLogin link is sent to the end users on the new ticket and ticket reply email alerts.

We would like to share this modification with all the Kayako community and offer it to you for free! :)

Check the screenshots and if you are interested in having this modification please send us an email to info[at]dewak.com and our Marketing and Sales Team will send you, free of charge, a zip file with the source code and an installation instructions document.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Siora

Siora New Member

Nice work...email sent.
  3. Matthew

Matthew Reputed Member

Andres, I'm so glad you guys are offering this, and now I can happily take it off my Kayako wish-list! :)
  4. jnet

jnet New Member

email sent!:)
  5. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Looking good Andres :D
  6. Thijs

Thijs New Member

Nice to see this indeed.

While I liked the old Softair version also for download, why do we need to email for this when it's free ?
  7. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Many companies do this to get your details on file so they can send you a newsletter, etc on their paid products.
  8. Thijs

Thijs New Member

I wouldn't comment on that one, but I think most of us don't like spam.

A download page where you can select if you want a newsletter yes or no would be more in place ?
  9. rl421403

rl421403 New Member

email sent.
  10. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi everyone, thanks for such nice comments. We have received dozens of emails requesting this mod, we are really happy to share this modification with the Kayako community.

We don't use our client's email address for sending spam or other "evil" purposes. We ask clients to send a simple email to request the module because we like to establish direct and personal contact with clients, know their companies, the origin country, their business and create a network of contact worldwide etc. As you see our main purpose is to know our clients.
  11. ozace

ozace New Member

Excellent - email sent - no reply received yet - I assume this may happen soon ?

Also are the mods un encrypted - I want to make sure i can use them with an awbs login share so may have to tweak :)

cheers

Jim
  12. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Jim, we haven't received any email from you yet, I double checked the email logs, junk folder and still nothing. Can you please send an email to andres at dewak dot com.
    Looking forward to hearing from you =)
  13. ozace

ozace New Member

Hi Andres ,

already sent one to yourself - no reply and have received a bounce message from info at dewak.com - dont know what is happening

Will try again now - sent

Jim
  14. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thanks Jim,

We haven't reported any issues with our email today. If you still have problems contacting us, get to me via msn, Skype, phone call or send me a PM with your email so I can send you the modification. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards
  15. Thijs

Thijs New Member

As I requested someone to PM me about the mods, which doesn't seem to be allowed and as seen as illegal (http://forums.kayako.com/f48/old-free-softair-mods-17431/index2.html#post80659), I would ask Andres here in public if he is able to release the old modules in their latest versions as they were on the SoftAir website.

The reason why I ask this is because it's nice to have for learning and knowledge about developing mods for own usage against the Kayako system, not for sales or redistributing.

I don't see anything illegal about this post at all ;)
  16. Siora

Siora New Member

Andres doesn't own the mod, Softair does, thats what is illegal.
  17. Thijs

Thijs New Member

The problem is that SoftAir does not exists anymore, so it depends on who was owning SoftAir directly.

As far as I understand this is how it is now, so, if SoftAir still exists on paper, "they" could share it here on the forums.

But I'm not 100% into LTD's :)

People that still would like to receive this mods need to have a person to speak to, I'm trying to get hold of one by this :)
  18. craigbrass

craigbrass New Member

Depending on how it was setup, the limited company would own the rights unless they were signed over to somebody else even after said company is dissolved.

I get the impression Dewak is recreating many of SoftAir's old mods so best thing to do is contact them and pipe up that you want any modifications they used to offer and if enough people do, they will make them in theory.
  19. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

We don't have the old Soft Air modules and we don't own them, and I think that if someone wants to publish them they need permission or proper authorization, otherwise it will illegal. This thread is regarding our free modification and not about the old modules from other companies.

Dozens of people already requested the DirectLogin module, if you are interested in this free modification please contact me via email.
  20. Thijs

Thijs New Member

True.

But who do I/we need to contact for them ?

That's what I'm trying to find out.