1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

DirectLogin Module for V4

Discussion in 'Apps and modifications' started by Andres Berdugo - Dewak, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Andres Berdugo - Dewak Experienced Member

Dewak is a software development company with more than 3 years of experience delivering Kayako services for 133+ customers in 33+ countries. Our services include remote and on-site training, consultancy, custom modules, branding, technical support and Kayako implementations from scratch.

Today we are releasing our latest module for Kayako V4: DirectLogin. This module allows Kayako Resolve & Fusion end users to login automatically by clicking on a DirectLoging link sent on Kayako email messages (autoresponder, staff reply and forward). This link will redirect the end users to the ticket and will create a session automatically, for security purposes the email address, password and ticket id are encrypted.

With this module your customers won't have to worry about lost passwords or managing multiple accounts. It's ideal for companies who provide different portals to their customers (hosting, crm, forums, etc) and need to deal with multiple credentials.

See how it works:

When your customers send a ticket, an auto-responder email message (if enabled) will be sent to them. This email message will include the DirectLogin link at the bottom:

03.png

After clicking on the DirectLogin link they will be automatically redirected and logged into the client interface of Kayako, they will land exactly on the ticket they just submitted.

04.png

The DirectLogin link is also sent on staff replies:

05.png

and on forwarded tickets:

06.png

This module can be easily installed and disabled from the Admin CP:

01.png

The price for this module is USD 99.99 and includes 1 year of support and renewals.

To purchase this module and find out more please visit our website at http://www.dewak.com/products/directlogin

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

3. pol67

pol67 Reputed Member

This module works fine also if we use different Template Group?

4. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi pol67,

Thanks for your question. There is no problem if you use different template groups, DirectLogin is capable of managing them.

5. pol67

pol67 Reputed Member

I wanted to buy this module, but:
    :( Latest version (4.01.204) not yet compatible :(

6. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi pol67,

Thanks for your comments.
    Carlos is the developer of DirectLogin and he tells me that version compatible with 4.01.204 was finished a few hours ago :)
    At the moment we are updating our online store (it didn't support the download of multiple versions) and website content, expect some news today at the end of the day or tomorrow morning.

7. pol67

pol67 Reputed Member

We've downloaded the version compatible with 4.01.204, but does not work:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function GetProperty() on a non-object in ....../__modules/tickets/client/class.Controller_Dewak.php on line 96

8. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi pol67,

We received your email and we are working on this issue right now. Please reply back to Carlos' email.

9. pol67

pol67 Reputed Member

I re-uploaded all files, it has fixed the issue.
    We've sorry for the inconvenience (false positive bug)

10. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Great, thanks for clarifying Paolo.

Almost thought something slipped our QA process :D

11. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

Will this work with loginshare?

I really like to buy this module but I have Kayako with AWBS integration. This means they log in via awbs, so I deleted the login box from Kayako templates.

The problem is that public users cannot see their tickets because they have no logins.

I suppose this doesnt work if you have loginshare enabled correct?

12. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi nibb,

It should work if you have a LoginShare but there are special cases. Please send me an email or private message so we can review this further.

13. nibb

nibb Reputed Member

I did.

14. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Thanks nibb, got your message and will reply right away.

15. Xeserve

Xeserve Established Member

This breaks email signatures. If you enable this mod.

1. Open a new ticket and you will see the staff signature is shown
    2. Reply again and any other replies made to the same ticket the staff signature does not show
    3. I spoke with kayako and they say the problem is with the modified email_staffreply template that was changed after I installed your mod.

16. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Xserver,

Our module doesn't change the email_staffreply template, we designed another method to create the DirectLogin team. We will investigate this problem with our team and let you know the outcome.

Can you please send us via email a screenshot of the broken templates? Thanks

17. Xeserve

I sent in a ticket regarding the missing signatures and the auto-login link missing from the initial reply, I am still waiting for a reply it has been 2 days.

18. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

Hi Xeserve, I replied to your email mentioning a new release today. We will notify of it's release later today so please check your inbox or spam in case you didn't receive it.
    Thanks!

19. Xeserve

No didn't get it, please just update this here forum when done

20. Andres Berdugo - Dewak

You can also check the ticket history online at our support center, I'll update you here when ready.