1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Does GeoIP do anything in Resolve?

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by maxhodges, Jun 28, 2011.

1. maxhodges

maxhodges Established Member

I spent some time uploading GeoIP data (the data files are in my.kayako orders tab), but seems they don't do anything. Why is GeoIP even in my admin if the data doesn't show up anywhere?

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

How are you testing GeoIP? you know it does not show "you", as in you will need someone else or another machine externally to access the helpdesk front page for it to show up.

You also need to use the kayako desktop app to make use of it.

Gary

3. maxhodges

doesn't kayako desktop only work with Fusion?

I'd like to see the geoip data for customers, in tickets. That's not possible? Why is GeoIP in my Resolve admin control panel if it only works with Resolve?

Cheers,
    Max

4. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

I must admit, I don't know much about what you get in resolve, as we only use Fusion... Maybe someone else can explain if/how it works in resolve.

Gary

5. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Kayako Fusion and Kayako Engage.

We have plans to extend GeoIP to ticket related stuff, user registration, and so on.

6. maxhodges

I tried to use the desktop app before, but thought I got a message that it only works with Fusion. Am I mistaken? Do I need some special account or something?

7. Jamie Edwards

No - you're not mistaken. It only works with Kayako Fusion or Kayako Engage, not Kayako Resolve.

8. maxhodges

so I ask again: why is GeoIP in Resolve Admin CP and why is the GeoIP data file in my.kayako download tab?

I thought it would be great to get that data in my tickets (as it could potentially help with fraud - we use our support site for eCommerce requests), but seems I spent hours learning how to import and update the geoip files for no reason at all. Why create confusion and waste people's time with administration options for features that don't exist in the product?

Vladislav Osmanov likes this.
  9. Jamie Edwards

I answered that above :): It is there because we have plans to extend GeoIP to ticket related stuff, user registration, and so on. Your time isn't completely wasted. We'll clear that up in the docs for the time being.

10. maxhodges

Seems like a better solution would be to clear it up in the interface (suppress it from the menu until it's ready for release) but what do I know.

Cheers,

Vladislav Osmanov likes this.
  11. Cory Long

Cory Long New Member

This was 6 years ago. Did it ever get extended to ticket related stuff? If not, what does it do at the moment? Anything for Kayako Classic Web users?

12. Dazzz

Dazzz New Member