1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Edit Template

Discussion in 'Developing, APIs and extending' started by Prakash Raman, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Prakash Raman

Prakash Raman Member

Currently the only way I know how to edit a template is through the adminconsole->template->edit. This opens a page in which I have to make my changes in the textarea.

It is difficult to code in that area. Is there a place where the templates are stored, so I can edit it in the file itself (by opening it using my texteditor) ?

Thanks.
    Prakash Raman

2. Hi Prakash,

The templates are stored in the database so the best way to open and edit it is through the interface as you have done so far.

Kind regards,
    Nawid

3. Lev Levin

Lev Levin New Member

Hi, here is the receipt:

If root directory is /var/www - so:
    1. Create directory /var/www/__templates
    2. Set
    protected $allowedDirectories = array('/var/www/__template/'=>true);
    in /var/www/__swift/thirdparty/dwoo/Dwoo/Security/Policy.php
    3. Create file "homeindex.tpl" for homeindex template (example)
    4. Copy all staff from homeindex template to file
    5. Set template content to:
    <{include('file:/var/www/__template/homeindex.tpl')}>
    and save it.
    6. The end. But you must do it for every template you want edit via files.

4. cpmrgmt

cpmrgmt New Member

Hello Lev,

Could you please expand a little more about how to implement this? My classic Kayako doe snto allow me to edit many of my templates, leaving me unable to make any adjustments. Your post seem to be the solution. I hope you could offer some help.

Thank you in advance.