Email font size

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by Richardsymbio, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Richardsymbio

Richardsymbio New Member

We know where to change the font size, but what is with the 2 and 3? We edited the template and 2 is 10pt while 3 is 12pt. We want 11 to match the outlook default. At first I thought the font was in em, so we tried 2.5, 2.3 and 2.8 which didn't work. Can we not use 11pt font size?

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Hi there,

Where are you changing the font size? 2 and 3 sounds like its a html font tag, if its changed in css, you can use pt and px as values.

Gary

3. Richardsymbio

Richardsymbio New Member

Hey Gary,

We are changing it in email_ticketstaffreplyhtml right now, but I will be changing all of our outgoing mail to match this. I guess I need to do a bit of reading, I don't understand how <fieldset style="margin-bottom: 6px; color: #333333;FONT: 11px Verdana, Tahoma;PADDING:3px;"> is translating into 10 and 12pt font. I could be wrong, but that's the only other place I see where font and font size are used in that template?

4. Richardsymbio

Richardsymbio New Member

Also, I changed 11px to 14px and depending on the 2 or 3 tag it still shows 10 and 12pt font.

5. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Kayako Staff Staff Member

Hi there,

Sorry, I did not make that very clear, I meant you change it like this ( e.g. you remove the size bit and replace with a style tag ):

Code:
    <font style="font-size:1.8em" face="Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

Gary

6. Richardsymbio

Richardsymbio New Member

No problem Gary! thanks for the help. I was attempting to replace the font face with something like this:

<style type="text/css">
    p1 {font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:14px;}

But it didn't work at all reverting all of the text to 12pt times new roman. I'll keep working on this, issue resolved!