1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Email functionality

Discussion in 'Upgrading to the new Kayako' started by Phil R, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

So, next on my mammoth mission to understand and see how the new stuff fits our needs is email functionality.

In summary, the following items need answers.

* Mapping of email addresses to other internal activities
    * Disabling Sendgrids click tracking
    * Use custom dispatch solution

Mapping email

In V4, we have one email address per department. This allows for very simplified filtering and enforcement. On the fringe, we do offer VIP type functionality or other rule driven logic, such as setting type, default priority and such.

Whilst new Kayako does offer multiple email addresses and wildcarding, I cannot see how to explicitly map an email address to something such as a Case Form (per other chains, how I am looking at the context of a department), or for that matter, anything else, including team.

Automation / triggers seem to gray out all trigger events related to email?

KTriggerNoEMail.png

Sendgrid click tracking

Simply put, how do I disable this. In a nut shell, this is our data, not yours.

Custom email dispatch

With the exception that we deliver all email to localhost from v4, the local mailserver dequeues to our own Sendgrid account already.

Our ability to control and view the dispatch and delivery of email is key. Is there any reason we cannot use such custom services such as our own Sendgrid account?

2. Phil R

Another thing came up. We send notifications to all users in V4 using a distribution list (rather than v4 mass spam people, our mail server does that)

There is no general mail send feature.

I guess this means to achieve this, i need to setup an endpoint for this, and invoke it as a trigger with an applicable template?

3. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hey Phil,

The reason the mail options grey out is that the trigger is too broad, above the criteria section, change the channel to mail, and then you can use the mail based criteria.

You are correct for the distribution list, if one of the existing teams is not a valid option ( do remember you can create specific teams for this if you needed to ), then you could create an email endpoint to send out to your distribution list.

I have included below an example rule to direct inbound emails to the right people:

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 10.09.07.png

RE Sendgrid click tracking, I will check if there is an option for that, but I don't believe there this. This is used to delivery logs, as with the new Kayako, you can contact our support and we can tell you per email if it was sent and delivered successfully to your customers.

Gary

4. Phil R

Re the trigger being disabled, thanks. That makes sense from the logical use now, but couldn't see that documented, or highlighted in the interface.

5. Phil R

Regarding click tracking.

I am unsure which API you are using, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was Rest (or or that matter, which version).

Regardless, the STMP API docs cover this.

https://sendgrid.com/docs/API_Reference/SMTP_API/apps.html#clicktrack

You can globally enable clicktrack, but per send disable it.

This can apply to opentrack as well.

I presume you are already using this functionality anyway, in order to enable/disable dkim on a per account basis.