1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

2. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Email parser rules logic

Discussion in 'Using Kayako Classic' started by Evgeny Kuchkov, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Evgeny Kuchkov

Evgeny Kuchkov Established Member

here I can see criteria processing logic with AND/OR
    https://classichelp.kayako.com/hc/e...er-Rule-Essentials-for-Setting-up-Email-Rules

unfortunately examples contain 3 criterias. How do I achieve the following scheme:
    if (email_queue = "1" or email_queue = "2") and (user_group = "3" or user_group = "4") then do some postprocessing stuff

Obviously following the example I can split it into 2 parser rules with criterias:
    email_queue = "1" (AND)
    user_group = "3" (OR)
    user_group = "4" (OR)

and

email_queue = "2" (AND)
    user_group = "3" (OR)
    user_group = "4" (OR)

But is there any way I can get it with a single rule? Please, help me to understand criteria processing logic.

2. bear

bear Kayako Guru

Never had much luck stacking rules inside one like that. Seems the Kayako logic hits the first and/or and gets confused, generally not working past 2 in each.

3. Evgeny Kuchkov

Evgeny Kuchkov Established Member

At least we need a new control type in criterias. Not a simple dropdown list but a checkbox control where you can select multiple items in one control