Email Template Customization Help Needed

Discussion in 'Style and design' started by JohnStiber, Jul 18, 2012.

1. JohnStiber

JohnStiber Member

Hello Kayako Community,

I would like to customize the auto responder email template to optionally format a link at the bottom of the email based on the value of the recipients email address. To be more specific, I would like to format this link at the bottom of the auto responder email if the recipient email address contains the text "KRAFT".

For example, if the auto responder email is being sent to john@gmail.com, the link would not be formatted at the bottom of the email. However, if the auto responder email is being sent to john@kraftfoods.com or john@kraft.com, the link would be formatted.

I have determined that Kayako variable $_ticket[replyto] contains the recipient email address.

I understand how to use the "if" construct in the email template along with how to format the link.

The problem I am facing is how to search the Kayako recipient email address for the substring "Kraft" and incorporate this logic into the "if" statement.

Please help if you can by providing an excerpt of code. I have been able to use the replace and regex_replace functions against the Kayako recipient email address but am not able to use the resulting string in the "if" statement.

All suggestions are appreciated!

2. JohnStiber

JohnStiber Member

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated!!!!!

3. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

4. JohnStiber

JohnStiber Member

Gary - Thank you so much. To complicate matters I am using a hosted help desk. Can I request Kayako to add your plugin to the library __swift\thirdparty\dwoo\plugins\personal on server in the hosted environment? Assuming so, is there any other configuration needed in the hosted environment to make this work? Thanks again.

5. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi John,

I am afraid that OnDemand will not support custom mods to fusion/resolve. But you could add the request for string functions such as strpos to be added to kayako in the feature requests section.

Gary