1. Welcome to the feedback forum. Here's some tips for giving your suggestions the best shot:
    • Search before posting: See if someone else has already posted your suggestion. If you add your support to an existing, you're more likely to bubble up the request.
    • Keep one suggestion to one thread: Try not to club lots of different suggestions together in one thread. Otherwise, people will get confused about what they're voting for and we might miss your feedback.
  2. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

3. The forum you are viewing relates to Kayako Classic. If you signed up or upgraded to the new Kayako (after the 4th July 2016), the information in this thread may not apply to you. You can visit the forums for the new Kayako here.

Completed Enhance Time Tracking

Discussion in 'Kayako product feedback and suggestions' started by MobileNow, Oct 27, 2010.

1. MobileNow

MobileNow Reputed Member

I would like to request 2 enhancements to K4's time tracking:

1) There should be an admin option to require staff members to enter time tracking on tickets.

2) There should also be an option to enable Automatic Time Tracking base on a ticket status and the audit log.

For example, with #2, I should be able to create a status named "In Progress" and tell K4 to use this status for computing automatic time tracking. Then, whenever a ticket's status is changed from In Progress to something else, it should generate a time track entry based off the current time and when the entry was originally put into "In Progress".

2. StevenSheeley

StevenSheeley New Member

+1 to this request

3. Paul_Concep

Paul_Concep Member

+1 this sounds like a great idea.

4. scravid

scravid Established Member

+1 from me. Would be nice to see this implemented.

5. bhodges

bhodges Established Member

+1 Time tracking and reporting are very important to us, but also very lacking in v3/v4

6. silebis

silebis Established Member

you have my vote

7. netplus

netplus Member

+1 for me too!

8. DavePB

DavePB Member

It is the bane of my life reminding my staff to fill in the time spent on a ticket - surprised it is not in V4 and surely it wouldn't be too difficult to implement - it is possible to make other fields 'required'.

9. stevenutt

stevenutt Established Member

+1 from me, that would be excellent.

10. web-vision

web-vision Member

+1 and a +5 if a js-based timer app (with pause, comments, etc - like cerberus 5 has)

11. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member