1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Error : Reason: HTTP Error 406 login to user failed

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop' started by Arvind, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Arvind

Arvind New Member

Hello,
    I have latest version of Kayako Desktop Version: 4.2.0.702 (stable).
    I am trying to login but it gives error
    Reason: File not found. Is this correct URL, or does the server support this application?
    Reason: HTTP Error 406 login to user failed

My backend Staff and admin section working fine. I entered the correct url and Username and password but still i am facing this error.

Anyone please help me out how i can resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

Hi Arvind

Do you use Hostgator? We've recently learnt they have blocked one of the user agent strings that Kayako Desktop uses to connect to Kayako on your web server. There is nothing wrong about the user agent we use (which is Firefox), but Hostgator say that it is one that is often used by some automated attackers looking for website vulnerabilities.

We have informed Hostgator about this. I recommend you contact Hostgator about it too (the more who report it, the more likely they will be to remove the block). In the meantime we are looking at adopting a new user agent string. Unfortunately we won't be able to update Kayako Desktop for at least a few days due to Christmas and testing.

I'm sorry we couldn't provide a more immediately solution - please let me know how you get on with Hostgator.

(Or, if you aren't using Hostgator, this might be a separate issue!).

3. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

They are in no mood to reverse the change. When I contacted their Technical Department, they outright said that it was not in their control. The change was a management decision.

Since the take over by EIG their support standards have dipped considerably! I mean, you cannot expect customers to wait for 30+ minutes to get live support. Its insane!!

4. Jamie Edwards

Jamie Edwards Staff Member

One of our customers who uses HostGator got them to whitelist their domain name on the new rules - so that is worth pursuing

5. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Thanks for the update Jamie.

6. Darin Colhouer

Darin Colhouer New Member

7. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Are you hosted with HostGator?

8. Darin Colhouer

Darin Colhouer New Member

Had same issue with 2 hours of wait time and telling me that it could and would not be done. After reaching a supervisor in chat and explaining that I had hosted product on their servers for over 6 years with no issues until the lock out around the holidays. Dawn a supervisor for HostGator had me agree to the open vulnerability on my server. Within minutes I was logging into Kayako Desktop. Say what you will about this company, They have always worked and found solutions to my issues.

9. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Good for you. They only changed the settings for our domain after exchanging numerous emails and chats with the server admins. We had a live chat down time of over 3-4 days where live chat was completely not available.

10. krishaan

krishaan New Member

i have the same issue in hostgator can anybody please help me fix it

11. supportskins

supportskins Kayako Guru

Contact their support department and ask them to whitelist your domain.