1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Error when lunching account in KDFM

Discussion in 'Kayako Desktop' started by nemokwf, Mar 30, 2016.

1. nemokwf

nemokwf New Member

Hello,

I've installed latest KDFM and when I try to connect my support account, the following error is returned:

A Fatal error has occured
    An internal error has ocurred in Kayako Desktop. It is advised that you restart the application.

Restart does not help. Here is the screenshot of the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfavm0mgqpnitzu/Screenshot 2016-03-30 11.39.10.png?dl=0

What do I do, please help.

2. Gary McGrath

Gary McGrath Staff Member

Hi there,

Can you check what version of Kayako you are using? ( your actual helpdesk version, not KD version )

Gary

3. nemokwf

nemokwf New Member

Hi Gary,

It's 4.72.2

4. Gary McGrath

That should work fine, can you submit a support request at support.kayako.com as I think we might need your details to test what is happening.

Kind regards,

Gary

5. nemokwf

nemokwf New Member

Did that already - Request ID: 2131527

Can you please reply to that and list the things you need from me? Thanks

6. Gary McGrath

Ah ok,

I read that ticket and the issue you are facing is not with KD for Mac, the problem is that your server crashed out with an internal 500 error, which KD then reported.

So to get it working, we need to find the cause of the 500 error on your server, I would start with your server's PHP error log, and see what it is listing as the cause for the 500 error.

Gary

7. nemokwf

nemokwf New Member

I am not a server admin, but I asked tech dept the logs you requested.
    Meanwhile, are there any specific requirements for php running on the server?

8. Gary McGrath

9. nemokwf

nemokwf New Member

Gary,

Can you please help find under which directory in Kayako DocumentRoot should we look for error log file?

10. Gary McGrath

Hi there,

The PHP error log will be where you have it configured to be under your php.ini configuration file. If you log into your helpdesk's admin area, and goto diagnostics, php info, there will be a line in here called error_log which will tell you where it is

Gary

11. nemokwf

nemokwf New Member

Hey,

Nothing found in PHP error logs.

We have set following messages to be logged:
    error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT

In the ticket I submitted, though, you guys got back to me and confirmed that you've found something in the app that needs work from you end and will be fixed within a week.
    Where's the truth? :)

Thanks.

12. durgaprasadzone

durgaprasadzone New Member

Thanks for sharing info. ...