1. Kayako Download customers: we will continue to develop and support Kayako Download beyond July 2017, alongside the new Kayako for existing customers.

Find out more.

Exporting tickets to CSV or other system

Discussion in 'Technical chat' started by pauline mcmillan, Oct 26, 2016.

1. pauline mcmillan

pauline mcmillan New Member

Hi There

We have been using Kayako successfully for a while now but with the update to the new version, our heavily customised version will loose its customisations so I need to move to a new tool. We have explored this with your sales team and there is no real alternative other than moving our tickets to another system.

Is there a way to export the tickets to a CSV file or other format?

thanks for your assistance
    Pauline

2. Torbjörn S.

Torbjörn S. Reputed Member

Hi.

I've had the same question and the simple answer I got was that I could export the database. That I already knew. :) And they wanted to know why I didn't upgrade to v. 5. I told them why and thats the end of that supportticket.
    I was looking for some kind of script to just export tickets and the stuff connected to a ticket, like attachments and notes for example.
    I dont need knowledgebase and clients and the other things in kayako if it's not an easy task to export that as well.
    Hope you have more luck than me and if you are, please share it.

/Tobbe

3. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

My advice here,

Approach the provider of the software you are moving to. This type of function should really be core of the package they are providing.

For example, Kayako themselves provide import functions on v4 from a number of suites.

4. pauline mcmillan

I have done this. I want to move to JIRA and it does accept a lot of import types including CSV (but not Kayako specifically) so I need to confirm if it is possible to export from Kayako?

5. Phil R

Phil R Established Member

In which case, you would need to do this at SQL level.

What to do, is pretty much down to what output format do you require.

I have never done imports to Jira, but knowing Jira, I am not sure CSV is going to cut the mustard on what you need.

A quick search suggests that a JSON format may be better.

6. pauline mcmillan

So, how do I do this at an SQL level please?

It would be great if I can get a detailed answer so we can action it.

Many thanks
    pauline